How Do You Improve on a Classic? Since the early 1990's, the Manley ELOP® stereo electro-optical limiter has been a tracking hero effortlessly controlling dynamics on countless records around the globe, delivering the coveted classic, all-tube sound that Manley Labs is known for. So how do you improve on something this good?
Well, for starters, it noew adds a 3:1 compression ratio feature which opens up the doors to greater versatility, especially for 2-buss applications. The 2016 ELOP+ has been completely re-engineered from the ground-up, beginning with an amazing modern high voltage switching power supply purpose-designed for vacuum tube audio circuits. With careful reference to its sonic past, Manley has deployed their highest performance vacuum tube line amplifier and White Follower output stage in this new version. It's housed in a build-efficient chassis behind a drop-dead gorgeous precision-CNC-milled faceplate, all proudly made in America, of course. The new Manley ELOP+ is everything you love about the legendary ELOP, plus!
- 10:1 Limiter and 3:1 Compressor ratios
- All-tube audio path uses 5751 and 6922 dual triodes
- Balanced Manley IRON® transformer-coupled XLR Inputs
- XLR impedance-balanced outputs
- BYPASS switches and AUTOMUTE with warm-up delay
- Large illuminated VU meters read Gain Reduction or Output levels
- STEREO LINK
- Side-Chain High-Pass Filter
- Universal internal power supply operates worldwide 90-250V~AC 50/60Hz