The MixPre-10M 10-input/12-track recorder, mixer and USB audio interface simplifies music creation with built-in features including overdub, remix, reverb, and other musician-centric tools.
Ideal for song creation, rehearsal and live performance, the MixPre-10M acts as a high-performance portable studio for musicians to capture their songs and ideas anytime and anywhere inspiration grabs them. Incorporating the core functionality of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), the MixPre-10M is intuitive to allow musicians to focus on creating songs without letting technology get in the way. The MixPre-10M is the newest member of the renowned MixPre Series (MixPre-3, MixPre-6 & MixPre-10T) of audio recorders, mixers, and USB audio interfaces.
- Exceptional audio quality – featuring eight, ultra-low-noise Kashmir mic preamps handcrafted by Sound Devices. These preamps feature discrete, Class-A components with analog limiters offering musicians and songwriters the highest quality, distortion-free, musically-lush audio recordings.
- Musician’s toolkit – the MixPre-10M has the ability to simultaneously record, playback, mix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks, with the bounce feature helping to free up additional tracks. Other features include vintage reverb and vocal air effects, metronome, punch in and out, and the ability to insert and locate to cue points.
- Mixer for live performance – offering 10 channels of mixing, the MixPre-10M is also ideal for small live performances or submixer duties. Use as a portable mixer to feed directly into a PA and adjust levels, or playback pre-prepared multi-channel backing tracks for solo performers.
- Made-for-the-road design – nearly the size of a tablet, the MixPre-10M weighs in at two pounds and measures an ultra-compact 1.375” x 8.125” x 6.875”. Like all Sound Devices products, the MixPre-10M is extremely durable. Constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis, it is both lightweight and incredibly robust making it the ultimate road companion for musicians.
- Easy file sharing – musicians can export their mix to an SD card, USB thumbdrive, or to a computer as a stereo WAV or AAC file, which is ideal for emailing or uploading to music sharing platforms such as SoundCloud.
- Anytime, anywhere powering - featuring a convenient detachable sled of eight AA batteries (Lithium or NiMH rechargeable recommended). The MixPre-10M can also be powered via a locking 4-pin connector for either external battery powering or AC-powering (with included AC adapter), or via an optional sled that offers powering from up to two hot-swappable Sony L-Mount Li-Ion batteries.
- Versatile I/O routing – offering eight balanced XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs (each with 96dB of 3.5mm 2-channel Aux/Mic input, and four USB inputs from a MAC or PC. The MixPre-10M’s two balanced outputs, two unbalanced outputs, and stereo
HP output can be configured to provide multiple monitoring options.
Studio-Quality 12-Track Portable Recorder with Overdub
The meaning behind the M is simple – it's designed by Musicians for Musicians. The MixPre-10M combines the ease of dedicated hardware recording with the essence of computer-based music production software into a lightweight, portable multitrack recorder and USB audio interface. Ideal for song creation or live performances, you can now focus on your art rather than your gear and trust an easy-to-use, reference-quality audio recorder to capture songs and ideas anywhere and anytime inspiration grabs you.
Musician’s Portable Studio
The MixPre-10M’s musician-focused features simplify typical computer-based music creation allowing you to create great songs rather than getting hung up in the technology. The MixPre allows you to simultaneously record, playback, mix, remix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks, and if you need more, the bounce feature helps free up tracks.
The MixPre-10M features a built-in metronome to help keep your performance in time, while premium-quality, silky-smooth reverb and vocal air effects add depth to your recordings, and can also inspire a great performance. The vocal air effect is an easily dialed-in combination of EQ and compression that results in a breathy intimacy to vocals, popular today with singer/songwriters.
When you record music you will also appreciate the convenience of features such as punch in and out, and ability to locate to cue points.
Exceptional Audio Quality
The MixPre-10M features eight, high-performance, ultra-low-noise Sound Devices' Kashmir™ microphone preamps. These handcrafted preamps feature discrete, Class-A front-ends with analog limiters offering the highest quality, distortion-free audio recordings that far surpass those of other recorders using simple off-the-shelf, IC-based mic preamps. Even the finest details of your recordings will be captured, revealing the feel and emotion in your performance. Combined with our super low-noise preamps, you are free to focus on your performance rather than your levels.
Turn your amps up to 11 as these preamps are virtually unclippable!
Live Performance Companion
Not only is the MixPre-10M great for creating songs, it’s also an aide for live performances. Whether being used as a mixer to feed a PA for smaller ensemble performances, or for playing back pre-prepared multi-channel backing tracks for your solo performances, the MixPre-10M is perfect for live gigging.
Musician-Inspired User Experience
The MixPre-10M’s musician-friendly, touch-screen interface and transport joystick enables you to quickly get those vocal melodies, instrumental hooks, and rhythms down. Once you’ve completed laying and overdubbing tracks, get that final mix in the bag using the dedicated, front panel knobs to control mix levels, pans, solos, mutes, reverb, air, and more.
The MixPre-10M lets you save multiple copies of your songs; Record to a SD card, while automatically copying to a USB thumbdrive to safeguard your recording or hand off to a band member. At any time, share your multitrack song with other musicians, so that they can collaborate using their MixPre-10M or favorite DAW. Export the mix to SD card, USB thumbdrive, or computer as a stereo WAV or AAC file — ideal for emailing or uploading to SoundCloud or other music sharing service.
Versatile I/O Routing
The MixPre-10M offers 10 inputs:
- Eight balanced XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs (each with 96dB of gain, 48v phantom power, low cut filters and limiters)
- A 3.5mm 2-channel Aux/Mic input
- A USB-C input for four channels from a MAC or PC
You can route any of these physical inputs to any channel knob, eliminating the need to re-plug inputs when you want to record an input to a different track. Metronome can also be selected as an input, so you can record its click to a discrete track.
The MixPre-10M’s two balanced outputs, two unbalanced outputs and stereo headphone output can be individually configured, providing a wealth of options for monitoring.
Multi-channel USB Audio Interface
As adept in the studio as on the road, the versatile MixPre-10M operates as a 12-in/4-out USB audio interface with quality that rivals a stand alone converter paired with boutique preamps.
The MixPre-10M features the unique ability to simultaneously record to an SD card while streaming audio via USB, ideal for recording computer-based software instruments, or backing up your takes while you’re tracking to a computer.
Like all Sound Devices products, the MixPre-10M is extremely durable. Constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis, it is both lightweight and incredibly robust. Its ultra-compact size makes it the perfect musician companion – on the road or in the studio.
When on tour or at a gig, you need a recorder that’s portable and convenient to power, which is why the MixPre-10M has multiple powering options:
- Locking 4-pin power connection to AC or external battery
- AA battery sled (holds eight; Lithium or NiMH recommended)
- L-Mount sled (holds two hot-swappable Li-Ion batteries)
Metering and Monitoring
The MixPre-10M incorporates a 12-channel mixer that offers easy-to-read ring LEDs and LCD metering with limiter activity for multitrack, mix, and USB return metering.
The MixPre also includes a powerful and clean custom-designed headphone amplifier enabling you to hear your recordings in their full glory, and efficiently monitor with a wide range of headphone impedances.