8x8 analog and 8x8 optical or AES I/O. Apogee Symphony I/O is a modular multi-channel audio interface featuring premium AD/DA conversion and world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering on a Mac, Symphony I/O is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio. Symphony I/O is the culmination of 25 years of Apogee's award-winning design experience. Using the most advanced components available, Apogee engineers created an extremely efficient circuit and power design resulting in a significant improvement in audio clarity and transparency over any previous Apogee product. There is a Symphony I/O solution everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base configurations, 2x6, 8x8, 16x16, or 8x8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
- Best sounding Apogee interface ever
- Best price-per-channel value of any professional audio interface
- Complete compatibility with Audio Interface Modes (AIM):
- Symphony/Thunderbolt (connect to Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge or Symphony 64 PCIe card)
- Pro Tools HD (connect directly to any Pro Tools PCIe card)
- USB (connect to high-speed USB 2.0 port)
- StandAlone (Analog inputs routed directly to Digital outputs)
- Expand with 5 available I/O Modules and 8 channel mic preamp module
- Up to 32 channels of simultaneous analog and digital I/O per unit
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Future-proof modular architecture
- Symphony I/O works with any Core Audio compatible application including: Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut. Ableton Live
- Designed in California, Made in the U.S.A.
Symphony I/O, the highest end
Symphony I/O builds upon the award-winning design approaches of Apogee's X-Series* and Rosetta Series converters*, the Big Ben master clock and the Trak2 mic preamps. It also refines and updates these proven designs with fewer but more advanced components while optimizing their performance with efficient power distribution. These enhancements allow audio to travel through less circuitry, offering lower converter latency, more accurate clocking and even more transparency and clarity in your recordings.
Analog design, the cornerstone of Apogee quality
Apogee's engineers do not merely rely on specs and data sheets when selecting converter components, they listen. Each component is auditioned and carefully selected to best reflect the characteristics of the Apogee sound. Symphony I/O's audio path design is elegant and efficient, incorporating the most advanced opamps that offer better performance than multiple parts used in previous designs. This design improvement minimizes the audio path circuitry and maximizes sound quality. And in the tradition of the X-Series and Rosetta series, the entire audio path is DC coupled, resulting in ultra flat frequency response and extremely low phase error.