One of the new stars of the Artist Series remake, the ATM450 cardioid condenser offers an innovative side-address stick design for endless placement options and minimal obstructions. The microphone is equipped with an integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter that provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The ATM450 also features a switchable 10 dB pad that lowers the microphone's sensitivity, providing higher SPL capability for flexible use with a wide range of performers and system configurations. Features:
- Unique side-address stick design maximizes placement options with minimal obstructions
- Uncompromising sound quality for overheads, percussion, acoustic guitar, strings and other acoustic instruments
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- Durable performance for professional applications
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Includes isolation clamp for shock protection, secure mounting and easy positioning
The microphone's extended flat frequency response makes it ideal for high SPLs as well as for live and amplified acoustic instruments. Includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
Output from the microphone's XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is "Pin 2 hot" "– positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, airhandling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanicallycoupledvibrations.
The ATM450 is also equipped with a switchable 10 dB pad that lowers the microphone's sensitivity, thus providing higher SPL capability for flexible use with a wide range of performers and system configurations.Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110 deg. F (43 deg. C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided