The BP898 is a low-profile lavalier cardioid condenser available with 55" (1.4 m) permanently attached cable terminated with TA4F-type connector for use with Shure wireless systems; no power module. The microphone’s wide dynamic range and tolerance for high sound pressure levels ensures intelligible, natural-sounding audio that’s ideal for use by stage and television talent, lecturers, and worship leaders.
- Maximum intelligibility and clean, accurate reproduction for vocalists, lecturers, stage and television talent, and worship leaders
- Cardioid capsule provides directional pickup with pronounced proximity effect at close range that enhances the user’s voice
- Low-profile design (a mere 5.3 mm in diameter) is ideal for applications requiring minimum visibility
- Urethane elastomer cable with a double-spiral shield wire provides ultimate flexibility, strength, and resistance to abrasion and moisture
- RoHS compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- The microphone capsule is housed in a rugged metal structure to shield the electronic circuitry from external electromagnetic noise
- The signal line of the cable is made of a high-durability CuSn (copper and tin) alloy that greatly enhances corrosion resistance and increases longevity
- Two included windscreens each feature a plastic structure that keeps the windscreen secured to the microphone
- Clothing clip includes 16 distinct angle adjustments over 360° and two strain-relief clips for easy cable routing
The directionality of the BP898 cardioid element has a pronounced proximity effect when used at close range, enhancing the user’s voice. This low-frequency enhancement drops off when the microphone is used at a distance. If the mic needs to be used at a greater distance or a less focused pickup is desired, the BP899 with an omnidirectional capsule is recommended.
The mic’s cable is made of a robust urethane elastomer that provides ultimate flexibility and strength, while resisting abrasion and moisture. The mic comes with a clothing clip that features two strain-relief points that isolate the mic from mechanical noise transferred over the cable. Two included windscreens each feature a clasp that secures the windscreen to the mic, preventing it from blowing off in critical situations, such as at sporting events.