Biamp’s line of Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers (ALC) offers factory-optimized DSP processing, protective limiting and amplification, as well as signal routing, zone switching, and remote monitoring for virtually any application using our Community loudspeakers. Standard Ethernet communication protocols allow for fast system design, system control, and remote system monitoring. Analog inputs included in each model are assignable per channel, supporting quick and easy integration into any new or existing system.
- Output power optimized to match the needs of Community loudspeakers from Biamp
- Drive low impedance, 70V or 100V loudspeakers on any channel
- Fast and easy access to complete Community loudspeaker library
- 1024 Tap FIR Linear Phase DSP loudspeaker processing
- Factory-optimized multi-stage loudspeaker protection limiters
- Power Sharing technology allows asymmetric output loading
- Biamp’s loudspeaker presets allow software to automatically calculate and display power needs and headroom for each ALC output channel
- Easily configured system control for small-to-medium venues
- Third-party plug-ins for large venue control
- Quickly create and manage loudspeaker groups / zones and signal routing
- IEC 60849 compliant monitoring and reporting via software and hardware
Carefully chosen to precisely match the needs of all Community loudspeakers, three models of Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers are available: ALC-404AN (4 channels x 400W), ALC-1604AN (4 channels x 1600W) and ALC-3202AN (2 channels x 3200W). Bridged channel pairs support driving loads down to 4 ohms at double the power of a single channel, providing additional flexibility for real-world system applications.
Biamp-authored loudspeaker presets include equalization, high pass filters, and multi-stage limiters tailored to each model, ensuring consistent sound quality and full loudspeaker protection in every application. Additionally, each Community loudspeaker preset includes loudspeaker power and impedance information, allowing the system configuration software to display the total power and impedance of multiple parallel-wired loudspeakers, further reducing the time and effort required to match complete loudspeaker systems with the appropriate ALC models and output channel configurations.
ALCs reduce complexity and increase overall system value in every installation. Their compact size, packing either 2 or 4 channels into 1 RU, reduces rack costs and minimizes space requirements. The industry-leading integrated DSP reduces the need for external outboard equipment, drastically reducing installation effort and expense. Extremely high operational efficiency greatly reduces power consumption, resulting in the lowest thermal dissipation ratings in the industry, and minimizes the need for external cooling devices. Additionally, each channel is capable of directly driving 70V/100V distributed loudspeakers, low impedance loudspeakers from 2 ohms, or any mixed configuration of low and high impedance output loads, making ALCs extremely flexible and capable in a wide range of applications.
In-depth control and monitoring is accomplished via ArmoníaPlus® system manager software. Assigning loudspeakers to ALC output channels is a simple, visual, drag-and-drop process. Loudspeaker groups and zones can also be created quickly by simply clicking on the images of the loudspeakers to be grouped together. Tailoring the sound and managing the system can be done at a remote, decentralized location. All ALC models can also be trusted in mission critical applications, such as fire alarm systems, thanks to the cleverly engineered power supply that allows reliable operation even when connected to a UPS. In addition, the per-channel, user-assignable fault-indicating GPIO connectors on the rear panel may be integrated with third-party monitoring and emergency notification systems.
- Main systems, Central or Distributed, Subwoofers, hi-Z/lo-Z Applications
- Emergency Notification Systems
- Theaters, Restaurants, and Bars
- Houses of Worship
- Gyms and Fitness Centers
- Sports Fields
- Lecture Halls
- Amusement Parks
- Shops and Stores
- Convention or Business Centers
- Cruise Ships