Meet the Bottle Rocket Stage One. The Stage One is Blue's affordable Class A discrete solid state mic with a foundation for interchangeable capsules, including Blue's nine vintage lollipop-style capsules, The Bottle Caps. This bayonet-mounted system gives the user unlimited flexibility and a wide variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns, all in one mic! Precision-designed and hand-assembled, the Stage One is crafted for a lifetime of use. Compared to similar microphones, the Stage One has a very low self noise specification (<7.5dB) and a very high output level (+12dBV), making it the perfect choice for today's high sample rate/deep word length digital platforms. Instead of integrated circuits (chips), the Stage One employs a transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit to ensure the most accurate and noise-free signal possible, with minimal distortion and coloration. The Stage One is an ideal microphone for recording virtually any sound source. The Stage One comes complete with Blue's popular and versatile B8 capsule and custom spider shockmount.
CAPSULES DESIGNED FOR ANY MISSION
Both Stages of the Bottle Rocket family can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of nine interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Below is a complete list of the nine Bottle Caps. Get them all and you'll have an entire mic cabinet at your fingertips!
- B0 Capsule - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
- B1 Capsule - Ultimate for acoustic instruments
- B2 Capsule - Vintage rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
- B3 Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
- B4 Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
- B5 Capsule - Dramatic top and bottom
- B6 Capsule - The renowned Blue sonic signature–smooth, liquid presence
- B7 Capsule - Today’s vintage sound
- B8 Capsule - All-purpose – “TPO” (The Popular Opinion) sound!