Elegia is an audiophile circumaural closed-back pair of headphones from Focal. The ergonomic design makes them incredibly comfortable and offers excellent sound isolation, making these headphones the ideal solution for long listening sessions. Continuing its headphone development programme, the Focal R&D team has introduced several new innovations, all with incredible audio performance in mind. The full-range 'M'-shape aluminium/magnesium dome speaker driver provides a very high frequency response, which is the basis for Elegia’s supremely dynamic sound. In addition, the frameless voice coil, which is lightweight yet incredibly stiff, reproduces the minutest details that adds to the convincing all-round performance. With its incredible tonal balance combined with long-term comfort, the Elegia is a key reference in the high-end closed-back headphones sector.
- High-end closed-back design for home use and on-the-go
- Exclusive full-range speaker-driver with an 'M'-shape aluminium/magnesium dome (patent pending)
- Incredible tonal balance, which is able to reproduce the subtlest sound details at both very high and very low frequencies
- Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player.
- Very good ambient noise soundproofing
- Comfortable and ergonomic
EXCLUSIVE SPEAKER DRIVERS
Elegia is equipped with a new generation of electrodynamic transducers which provide great elongation, at the heart of extremely dynamic sound, and a linear, extended frequency response of 23 kHz. The geometry of the new, half-roll NBR surround guarantees a lightweight moving part that is always under control, even at the lowest frequencies and the highest volumes. The sound reproduction is incredibly precise. And thanks to the "M”-shape inverted dome and its larger emissive surface, listening becomes sensational.
Loading a speaker driver into a “small room” makes it extremely sensitive to its environment. Our engineers’ 40 years of expertise and know-how led to specific work being undertaken on the vents, so as not to limit the frequency response in the low-range and thus properly manage the air flow. With Elegia, there is no resonance to disturb the listening experience. And the closed earpads round off the remarkable soundproofing.
COMFORT AND ELEGANCE
With its well-mastered geometry, Elegia's headband moulds perfectly to the head, providing optimal grip for on-the-go use. The 20mm memory foam microfibre earpads as well as the yoke, which also moulds perfectly to the wearer’s face shape, are both key contributors to the headphones’ supreme comfort. They are also incredibly good-looking: noble materials such as leather, solid aluminium and microfibre finish off Elegia to a tee.
- 3.5mm stereo jack adapter
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm jack adapter
- Carefully finished, hard-shell carrying case. Thermoformed in the shape of the headphones, it protects, stores and carries Elegia with peace of mind.