The Artistic MicPre Plus features a revolutionary tube type distortion circuit. The variable color control allows to adjust this feature from very subtle to extremely pronounced . In addition, the Color feature is also level dependent in the same way tube gear behaves. Variable color enables a myriad of new creative possibilities and prevents cold and stale sounds. Turning the Color knob all the way counter clockwise, the Color LED turns off and the Color circuit is completely disabled.
Another key component to achieve best performance levels is the OPA2 discrete audio operational amplifier. As all Fredenstein products, it is not a copy of an older design, but a proprietary design manufactured in SMT technology. Matched and integrated dual input transistors guarantee vastly improved specifications compared to older designs. The OPA2, following the tradition of well known manufactures, is socketed and can be exchanged without tools. The industry standard pin-out makes it compatible with many manufactures. The sound is further defined by the American-made steel-core output transformer, which is known for its smooth vintage sound without being dark or just “mid-rangy”.
A 2 MOhms high impedance direct input is located on the front-panel, it accepts balanced and unbalanced signals, the rear microphone input is automatically disconnected when a plug is inserted in the DI connector. The Artistic MicPre Plus features a maximum gain of 65 dB, a 20 dB Pad, switchable polarity, selectable input impedance, and Phantom-Power support. The output level is indicated with a SIG and a +20dB LED.
- 500 Series module
- Discrete operational amplifier OPA2
- High impedance 2 MOhm instrument input
- Switchable input impedance from 1500 Ohm to 300 Ohm
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- -20dB Pad
- Colour function can be added to the original signal
- Gain control GAIN from 20dB to 65 dB
- LED Display for output peak level (+20 dB) and signal
- LED Display for output level (-30 dB)
- LED Display for colour function
- POL switch to invert the phase
- Design: 500 Series module