The GS-CU001Q MkII is a highly versatile commentary unit. It was designed after close consultation with end users and the result is a stand alone unit which offers a wide range of facilities, and it is equally at home on the terraces, as it is in a studio.
- EXTRA: 3 individual inputs for each headphone amp
- EXTRA: Variable level talkback channel ouputs
- EXTRA: 1 extra audio input into the headphone amps
- EXTRA: Full size side tone pot on top panel
- Positions for 3 commentators 3 x mic/line inputs with 48v phantom power
- Individual outputs plus a mixed output
- 5 external inputs for monitoring plus sidetone
- 3 common talkback outputs with Config+ push buttons
- Electronic input and output balancing
The MkII Version
The MkII version now adds the following as standard features:
- 48v phantom power
- upgraded input gain pot
- input gain range increased from -20 to +10 dB
- GPOs on Mic and talkback buttons to allow integration with main intercom or talkback system
GS-CU001Q/1 MkII: This version has electronically balanced audio input & output circuits.
EXTRA FUNCTIONS OVER STANDARD GS-CU001B MkII
In addition to the normal features of the GS-CU001 MkII this version has full size side tone pots on the front panel. It also has 1 extra audio input into the headphone amps, plus 3 off individual inputs for the 2 headphone amps, one set of which can be linked to both headphone amps if required.
Three front panel inputs are mic/line switchable with selectable 48v phantom power. The front panel also has a small gain adjustment pot. Mic on/off switches can be selected in on/off mode or in cough mode. There is a global low frequency cut that can be selected on or off, and a preset compressor/limiter per input.
Each input has a direct discrete output on the rear panel along with a mixed output of all of the inputs, all on XLR. The mixed output is also available on an un-balanced 3.5mm jack socket as a local record. The direct output levels can be set in 3 positions:
- 0dB + limiter: This is the normal operation and it limits peak levels.
- 0dB: This feeds the output with an un-compressed nominal level of 0dB, for when the peak signal level will be controlled by outboard equipment.
- -20dB: This feeds the output with a nominal level of -20dB providing extra headroom.
There are 3 common talkback circuits with individual buttons on the two main commentators' sections (Position B's input cannot be switched to a talkback output). The operation of the talkback buttons features Config+ for configuring in different modes.
The talkback outputs can be independently set at three different output levels, 0dB, +6dB, or +12dB.
There are two main commentator monitoring sections, each with two separate 6.35mm A or B gauge jack sockets for headphones. In this way, the centre position B commentator can choose to share the monitoring of commentator A or C.
There is an adjustable sidetone on a top panel pot. There is also a monitoring pot containing a mix of the other 2 inputs that can be switched left ear/both/right ear. There are 6 further inputs. Three of these can be independent per monitoring position, or one set of inputs can be switched to both monitoring sections. There are 3 further monitoring inputs that are common across both sides. All of these are switchable in the headphones between left/both/right ears.
There is a 7 segment LED PPM meter.
There is an internal switch mode power supply 100-250v AC, with external power via a 4 pin XLR 9-18v DC.
By popular demand a hard wearing strong polypropylene flight case is now available for all of the GS-CU001 range. It features long life hinges, easy to use catches and being made out of hardwearing polypropylene plastic, it will last for years. Internally the case is lined with cut out medium density foam. The multipurpose cut outs can be adapted to accept any of the different size GS-CU001 units. A second small cut out is included suitable for two HMD25 headsets & mains cable.
GS-CU001Q MkII: Size: 277 x 289 x 123mm
GS-CU001Q/2 MkII: With electronically balanced inputs with transformer balanced outputs.
GS-CU001Q/3 MkII: With transformer balanced inputs & outputs with high quality Llundhall transformers on the individual mic outputs.
The GS-CU001 MkII is a complete and versatile base system, and Glensound's most popular commentary unit. It is therefore a perfect starting point for custom requirements. This has resulted in many custom modified units, some listed above, and some not. Glensound are always happy to investigate a particular requirement that you may have. To give you an idea of what is possible, these are some of the modifications, they have designed previously for others:
- Added GPIO on a 9 pin D-type
- Moved the sidetone control to the top panel on a full size pot
- Added a talkback channel and monitor between the A and C commentary positions (GS-CU001D and E)
- Independent monitoring inputs for commentator A and C (GS-CU001E)
- Additional mic passive outputs (GS-CU001E)
- Added an additional headphone monitoring input (GS-CU001G)
- Added two mic inputs for commentator A and C with a simple toggle switch between them (GS-CU001L)