Maintaining Grace Design pedigree throughout, the m101 employs balanced, transformerless, transimpedance circuit topology. With incredible bandwidth and headroom, the m101 is natural, musical and detailed, allowing engineers and musicians to consistently record vibrant, amazing tracks. Equally at home amplifying a vintage condenser mic or a plugged-in acoustic guitar, the m101 delivers the kind of high fidelity performance previously available only to big budget recording studios and Grammy winning musicians. Add it all up while considering that the price is unmatched and the picture becomes pretty clear - the m101 is one little hot rod piece of pro audio gear for the masses.
- Fast and musical transimpedance architecture
- Updated audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- New 12 position gold plated rotary gain switch
- High performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- New Ribbon mic mode (also great for dynamic mics)- Relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance, and 48V lockout
- Wider 10-75dB gain range
- Enhanced RFI interference suppression
- Three output connectors: XLR balanced, TRS balanced and 1/4" unbalanced
- Bombproof laser-etched black anodized front panel
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Built in power supply / no wall-wart!
- Led indicators for +48V, Ribbon mode, and HPF
- Five year warranty on parts and labor
- Made in the USA
The m101 is equipped with a new universal switching power supply, which is dead quiet and accepts input voltages from 100 to 240VAC. The front panel is a tough black anodized / laser etched black, which ensures legibility and usability in varying light conditions. And all preamp functions have a dedicated indicator LED, including the 48V phantom power and HPF switch.
Built in as standard is a unique Ribbon Mic Mode, which bypasses the input decoupling capacitors, raises the input impedance from 8.1k ohms to 20k ohms, and defeats the 48V phantom power, preventing damage to delicate ribbon mic elements. Ribbon mics, you're welcome.
The gain range is 10-75dB, including the additional +10dB of gain available with the output trim control. This provides ample gain for use of any type of microphone in any recording situation. The gain control is a precision gold plated 12 position switch and the circuit path is built with 0.5% metal film resistors.
Included is a HI-Z input on the front panel. Rear panel I/O options include both balanced TRS and unbalanced TS 1/4" outputs, along with the standard XLR balanced out and XLR microphone in.
Two m101's can be rack mounted side by side in a standard 1U rack tray.