IK's affordable and expandable physically modeled electric and acoustic bass virtual instrument. Includes 4 bass models. Includes '60s P-Bass, '70s P-Bass, '70s J-Bass, and Punk Bass.
As producers, we all know how important it is to have a great-sounding bassline. On-call 24/7, MODO BASS 2.0 offers the realism and sound of a sought-after instrument being played by a master musician, but with the convenience of a plug-in virtual instrument.
- The first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument
- Groundbreaking real-time modal synthesis technology — no samples used to create sound
- Recreate virtually every electric, fretless and acoustic bass sound imaginable
- Models the entire act of playing an electric bass – player, instrument, FX and amp
- Ultra-small memory footprint
- Choose playing style—ultra-realistic pluck and new algorithms for pick and slap articulations
- Freely move the playing hand for realistic performance
- Customize string force, fingers used, pick thickness and technique
- Customize string number, scale, tuning, gauge, construction, action, age
- 32 faithfully recreated, interchangeable iconic bass pickups with volume
- Choose active or passive electronics with parametric EQ
- Under-bridge piezo pickup with blend
- 7 bass stomp box effects configurable in 4-slot chain
- 2 iconic bass amps – Solid State and Tube derived from AmpliTube
- FX and amp global bypass for routing
- Completely redesigned Patterns section with intuitive controls and new grooves
- Optimized resizable interface
- Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC
- Full MIDI control with MIDI learn, keyswitches
- Full DAW automation control support
Real Time Sound Synthesis
MODO BASS is still the first and only technology of its kind that models the entire process of playing bass. Unlike traditional sample-based virtual instruments, MODO BASS uses modal synthesis technology to breathe life into your bass tracks.
MODO BASS recreates each string’s response to the action of the “player" on certain areas of the string surface, and the interaction of the string with the fretboard, body and pickups of the bass instrument. Then using IK’s analog modeling expertise, the amp and effects of an electric bass rig is added to the sound chain.
All of this gives MODO BASS the ability to create sound in real time providing you the ever-changing, hyper-realistic bass sound you need. And since it doesn’t use samples, you’ll have more hard-drive space for your music.
Expand your grooves
The new PATTERNS section offers smart filters to browse by genre, song section, length, time signature and more. You can instantly audition any pattern to quickly find what you need, whether it’s the backbone of a full song or just a handy solo lick to lead into your next song section. All patterns were performed by pro bass players with a groove and feel in MODO BASS that are indistinguishable from the real thing.
Play Style — Choose your approach
With the Play Style options, you can choose and modify the way you approach and play the instrument. You can also adjust “where” you play on the strings.
- Finger — is one of the most common ways to bring out inspiring bass tones
- Slap — is the act of “slapping” and “pulling” the bass strings with the thumb and fingers
- Pick — offers settings for pick thickness and picking style, downstroke or alternating
- Mute — can be applied to any playing style, another premier in software instruments
Strings and Setup — No tech required
Different strings provide different sounds and tonal qualities. In MODO BASS, you can customize your string choice and choose the type of setup used on the bass.
- Change the actual number of strings on all models (4, 5 or 6)
- Use the “Drop” function to extend the range of any model
- Select the gauge of the string set to vary timbre and sustain
- Alter the age of the strings to impact the relative “brightness” of the tone
- Choose the type of the strings (round wound, flat wound, etc.)
- Change the bass’ scale length and the action to alter sustain and fret noise
Electronics — A tone-tweaker’s dream
This section lets you experiment in real time with different bass pickup types and adjust the position and frequency response of each.
- Choose from 32 pickup models, each with its own characteristics
- Freely move the pickups around for limitless sonic variety
- Create combinations nearly impossible to accomplish in reality
- Switch from Passive to Active electronics with a parametric EQ
- Blend in an under-bridge piezo pickup signal for added dimension
Amp / FX — The best of AmpliTube
MODO BASS gives you full control over the signal path with 7 bass effect stompbox effects and two classic bass amplifiers.
- Includes Octaver, Distortion, Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Envelope Filter or Graphic EQ
- All effects derived from world-class models in AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop
- Use a classic all-tube amp and 1x15 cab or a solid-state model with a 4x10 cab
- Each amp gives you full control over gain structure with EQ and graphic EQ
- Route the bass signal from MODO BASS into AmpliTube 5 for even more options
Control — The Bass Players’ Script
MODO BASS also gives you MIDI control of critical parameters that you can automate in real time. Varying parameters while performing is one of the secrets for achieving utmost realism, and MODO BASS is the only virtual instrument that is truly able to make it possible.
- Remap keyswitches to any MIDI control change for easier playability and programming
- Control and adjust the application of vibrato, the playing style, mute and slide
- Control the frequency of the vibrato and the amount of the bend, slide and detach noise
- Switch on the fly between multiple modes of playstyle to create your sound signature
- Use your DAW’s automation to control useful parameters such as the playing position