Few mixers craft more attention-grabbing, engaging vocals than GRAMMY-winning producer and engineer Joe Chiccarelli. Having mixed everyone from Elton John to the White Stripes, Joe has perfected the techniques to enhance the emotional impact of each vocal performance.
Now Joe has partnered with IK Multimedia to offer you his unique vision and formula in the new T-RackS Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip. This plug-in models Joe’s go-to chain of high-end analog outboard gear, custom signal flow and unique know-how to deliver an incredible level of control and character to your vocal tracks.
- Joe Chiccarelli's complete vocal chain in a single plug-in
- Exact models of 3 iconic compressors working in parallel
- Unique analog parallel workflow offers incredible versatility
- Includes optimized De-esser, EQ and custom effects section
- Ideal for all music genres and vocal styles
- Includes a variety of presets designed specifically by Chiccarelli
- Offers controls that are easy to use and fully automatable
- Works as a single plug-in or inside T-RackS 5
GRAMMY-winning vocal sound
Based at Sunset Sound Studios in Hollywood, California, world-class engineer/producer Joe Chiccarelli has developed a reputation for crafting impactful, emotional vocals that helped him earn 10 GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY awards.
It’s also made him sought after by such artists as U2, Beck, The Strokes, Juanes, The Killers, Morrissey, Tori Amos, The Shins, Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Jason Mraz, Cage The Elephant, Vance Joy, Spoon, The Raconteurs, Cafe Tacvba, and My Morning Jacket.
IK worked hand-in-hand with Joe to ensure T-RackS Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip offers an exact recreation of the signal chain used by these top artists.
A formula for sonic success
T-RackS Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip carefully recreates Joe’s 3 ideal compressors, modeled using IK’s industry-leading analog modeling and a brand-new parallel processing engine, all here in one streamlined plug-in. The compressors are:
- MAIN: Not too aggressive, this compressor – modeled after a UREI 1176 – is Joe’s go-to for every vocal and the foundation of a great vocal sound.
- RETRO: Modeled after a Fairchild 670, this compressor lets Joe dial in exactly the right amount of vintage warmth and weight to the vocal sound.
- HEAVY: Tailored to Joe’s specifications, this unique hybrid tube compressor is based on a UA 176 and Tube-Tech CL 1B and designed to add distinctive character and aggression.
With a dedicated Mute button on each compressor, you can mix-and-match by choosing to use one compressor, two or all 3, while IK’s newly-developed parallel processing engine allows the compressors to interact in a true-to-life manner that’s as inspiring as it is versatile.
Parallel compression for radio-ready emotion
Using a single compressor for vocal compression risks crushing its soul. That’s why Joe uses multiple compressors – by blending the uncompressed signal with each compressor in parallel, he’s able to maintain the dynamics and passion of each vocal, while still achieving higher levels of compression and character.
It’s a delicate balance, but when done right the possibilities are endless. Explore Joe’s custom settings or experiment with your own to find the perfect setting for any vocal performance.