This unit comes pre-installed with the LT-DANTE option.
The Aurora(n) converters represent the culmination of years of research and development dedicated to significantly improving upon the well-regarded Lynx Aurora used by professionals around the world. Aurora(n) significantly improves upon the spectacular performance and specifications the world has come to expect from the well-regarded Lynx Aurora line all in a single rack-space. Providing an even greater level of wide-open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast, live performance and production installations, these Aurora(n) converters set a new standard in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion. Leveraging technology that was previously reserved for the Lynx Hilo combined with the latest FPGA processors, the Aurora(n) achieves the pinnacle of transparency and low distortion and noise.
- Complete redesign integrates Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O to achieve significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion
- Available in 8-channel, 16-channel, 24-channel and 32-channel configurations
- LSlot expansion slot for Thunderbolt, Dante, USB, ProTools|HD connectivity and more
- Configurable I/O - pre-amp, summing and AES3+ADAT modules coming soon
- Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via on-board card
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outputs
- 1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
- Universal power supply
- Designed and built in the USA
A converter for now and for the future
The Aurora's future-proof design is expanded in the Aurora(n). New enhancements and capabilities will be made available through firmware upgrades. LSlot expansion slots allow for a wide array of current connectivity options to include Thunderbolt, Dante, ProTools|HD, USB and future formats. Expandable audio I/O modules are being developed to include pre amp, analog summing, digital I/O (AES3 + ADAT) which will be available soon. This makes for an Aurora(n) that will perform exceptionally for you now and remain innovative well into the future.
Also added to the line are two audiophile-grade headphone outs with independent volume control. A 480 X 128 TFT LCD display provides immediate access to all levels and functions also configurable for future functionality.
Discrete Converter Array
Some manufacturers use multiple converters on a single chip. While that is one way to fit many converter channels in a single rack space while lowering costs, it comes at a steep cost in performance. At Lynx, the analog signal path for each channel has been designed as a self-contained and shielded circuit. Each channel pair has its own dedicated conversion device. This has many sonic advantages by significantly reducing crosstalk and distortion while increasing dynamic range and performance.
Hilo Converter Technology (HCT)
Design and technology borrowed from the development of the Hilo is used to significantly improve specifications and transparency over previous models while attaining stunning Hilo-like performance.