The Horus Base unit comprises of everything you will ever need for a digital audio workflow. Add to that its Ravenna I/O connection and you have the perfect MassCore setup.
What is Horus?
Using Ravenna technology, Horus brings to the table the possibility to interconnect your entire facility using nothing more than a standard RJ45 connector. Once in Ravenna mode, the Horus box simply becomes a node on a network, one that can be instantly called to be an input, an output, or a combination of both. Whether you are in broadcast, TV and film, CD/SACD mastering, studio or live music recording, live events, theatres, museums, cruise ships, or any industry where you need audio to get from A to B (or A to B and C, or C to A and part of D, E, and F!).
Using standard network connections, switches and connectors, Horus and other Ravenna-enabled devices can be placed on a network and interconnected IN ANY WAY YOU CAN IMAGINE.
- Up to 48 Mic/Line inputs or Line outputs in a single 2U chassis
- World-class, Swiss built analogue stage
- Remote controllable gain over Ethernet
- Integrated control and routing with the Pyramix Mixer interface
- 24 AD/DA converters capable of samplerates from 44.1 to 384kHzDXD/DSD
- Low Power "Green" build perfect for power conscious installations
- Auto-Mute circuitry for power cycling click prevention
- Comes standard with 1xMADI, 24xAES and Ravenna I/O
- Sync (LTC/MIDI/RS422) over Ethernet
- Lock to an ultra-low jitter, individually calibrated internal sync clock OR
- Use an external Wordclock or Video Reference (SD/HD) source OR
- Lock to a PTP master on a RAVENNA network.
- Front panel touch-screen interface for local control over routing/gains/sync
Broadcast audio Infrastructure
Having world class Analogue stage is usually not essential to broadcast facilities. But when your Ravenna ready I/O interface, complete with MADI, AES, Analogue, Sync, and reference connectivity just happen to have some, it makes all the difference. From studio floor wall boxes and de-rig recordings setups to reference monitoring and console I/O, Horus is the ultimate in flexibility.
CD/SACD Mastering Studios
123dB signal to noise ratio on the D/A stage is only one of the reasons why you have to get one of these for your mastering suite. With standard AD/DA up to 192 and audiofile versions reaching up to DXD/DSD you will be blown away at the transparency this will bring to your signal flow. Add to that, high-precision wordclock interpolation and one of the most solid internal clocks on the market makes Horus the perfect centrepiece to your mastering suite.
Film and TV post production
Multiroom facilities with interconnections between departments being an absolute must for any modern workflow need flexibility. Horus offers that and much more. Choose to route your audio and sync information to any Horus in the building from within your PC. Let manual patching be a thing of the past.
Capturing the best performance is the primary goal of any recording engineer. Horus offers the opportunity to do this using some of the most transparent and accurate mic preamps available and A/D converters that rival the best in the world, at a cost that wont break the bank. And, because of the Ravenna Ethernet connectivity, we can now open up MassCore technology to Laptop users as well. This means you can finally have the most powerful DAW in the world, wherever you go.