Precision DeEsser is a plug-in that allows you to manipulate your tracks and remove excessive high frequency content. It combines the high precision filter technology and dynamics processing of ChannelStrip with the metering and analysis of SpectraFoo to allow you to zero in on offending frequencies and correct them quickly and efficiently.
Precision DeEsser features comprehensive listening controls to allow you to hear exactly what is (or isn't) being removed; you may choose five different points in the processing chain to monitor. As with all Metric Halo plug-ins, parameters are fully automatable to give you full control of the processing during mixdown.
The Precision DeEsser is an essential tool for vocal tracks, but can also be used for sound design and other audio processing.
- High precision linear-phase filter block with:
- Center, Bandwidth and Sharpness controls
- Ess-Compressor with:
- Threshold, Ratio, Attack and Release controls
- Comprehensive Listening Control
- SpectraFoo™ spectrum analysis, with selectable displays
- Scalable gain reduction meter
- Adjustable UI size
- MH Preset Manager - Provides cross-platform presets
Why Use Precision DeEsser?
- Rely on the best sound quality available with Metric Halo's award-winning DSP.
- Tame those stubborn sibilant sounds.
- Manage high-end dynamics for overheads and guitars.
- Use the listen modes for special linear phase EQ effects.
- Get quick results with the many provided Metric Halo presets.
- Get inspired!
- Tune Precision DeEsser to your specific vocal character and never worry about sibilance again.
- Tame sibilance without affecting the timbre of your voice.
- Remove or isolate a specific frequency band.
- Precisely adjust dynamics in a specific band.
- Generate extremely steep linear-phase filtering