The 40-input, 25-bus M32C takes the brain of the flagship M32 Digital Mixing Console and packs it all into a high-performance aluminium and steel 1U form factor. Combine the M32C with our DL16 or DL32 Stage Boxes to effortlessly run sound with high I/O counts in multiple remote locations. Dual AES50 networking CAT5 connectors allow for up to 96 remote inputs and 48 output channels to be controlled from and processed by the M32C. All of this can be managed concurrently from various locations and instances via our free remote control software applications, M32-EDIT, M32-MIX, and M32-Q.
Above all, M32C is designed to put the power of digital in your hands, without compromise. MIDAS' singular focus on a matchless value proposition means M32C integrates advanced features such as integrated personal monitor mixing and true high-speed digital audio networking as standard features.
- 40-input channel, 25-bus, 1U rackmountable digital mixing core for live and installed sound application
- 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
- Open architecture allows for future 96 kHz operation
- High-performance aluminium and high-impact steel structure
- 40 bit floating point digital signal processing
- 8 digital signal processing effects engines
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS Apps for iPhone* and iPad*
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 3-Year Warranty Program**
- Designed and engineered in England
Built for Tomorrow
The M32C is built for today, and tomorrow - its future-proof 96 kHz capable open architecture design and industry-leading 192 kHz 24 bit ADC and DAC converters provide outstanding state-of-the-art audio performance.
"Acoustic Integration" - the Live Sound Revolution
Legendary 40-year old British company TURBOSOUND, famous for producing some of the world's best speaker systems, have teamed up with MIDAS to seamlessly integrate mixer and speaker systems. We call it €œAcoustic Integration€.
The M32C's ULTRANET bus allows streaming up to 16 channels of pristine digital audio to an array of TURBOSOUND iQ speakers - all on a single CAT5 cable, along with control data to set sound presets remotely.
Furthermore, iQ Series loudspeakers feature €œTrue Physical Modelling€ of some of the most popular speakers, which can be easily remote controlled via the M32C, allowing the sound engineer to apply different speaker models in real time from the comfort of the mixing desk.
€œAcoustic Integration€ is the next live sound revolution.
100-Band RTA for all Channel/Bus EQs
The M32C includes a 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) with full Bar and Spectrograph views on the M32-EDIT control application. This high-resolution RTA displays the audio energy distribution in 100 frequency bands over time - capturing a sonogram window of a full 10 seconds.
Switch between the Large RTA view, displaying any available signal in full screen resolution, or the Combined view with the RTA view shown above each of the channel and bus EQ curves.
See the results of your filtering choices in the audio spectrum directly. Additionally, the RTA can be displayed on top of the 31-band graphic EQs in the FX rack.
Monitoring and controlling frequencies has never been easier!
What are AES50 and SuperMAC?
AES50 simultaneously provides high channel counts, extremely low and deterministic latencies, accurate phase-aligned networked clock distribution, error detection, network redundancy, with simple deployment and ease of use to meet the needs of the live performance industry.
This unique combination also benefits both live and studio recording applications, as well as post-production, broadcasting and audio routing infrastructure. SuperMAC is a proprietary implementation of AES50 owned by KLARK TEKNIK. Originally developed by Sony Pro-Audio Labs in Oxford, UK, it forms the basis of the Audio Engineering Society's AES50 open standard for digital audio networking - High Resolution Multi-channel Audio Interconnection (HRMAI), as published by the Audio Engineering Society, Inc.
- 48 bidirectional audio channels @ 48 kHz over Neutrik etherCON-terminated shielded (STP) CAT5 cable (max. length 100 meters / 328 feet)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency (2x3 samples=1/8 ms per node)
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration - total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
Virtual Effects Racks
M32R includes an extensive array of onboard effects, rendering outboard processing racks a thing of the past. The Virtual FX rack features 8 true-stereo, studio-grade effects engines each assignable to any input, group or output mix bus. Choose from high-end FX modules including a range of reverbs, delays, EQs, dynamics and much more.
Each FX algorithm has been completely re-imagined for stunning performance - typically costing several times the price of the M32R.
Custom-designed, and physically modeled after some of the most iconic and sought-after processors, all effects run inside the low-latency environment of the M32R mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults forever!
DCA (Digitally Controlled Amplifier) and Mute groups allow control over several signals at once without actually mixing them into a subgroup bus. M32C's 8 DCA groups, and 6 Mute groups, let you control multiple signals via a single control, such as the entire drum mix, the horn section, or the backup vocalists, etc.
DCA control affects the FOH mix, while allowing the individual buses to remain unchanged. The result is a customizable workflow that provides maximum flexibility, but still allows individual buses and subgroups to serve the purpose they were intended for, such as zone sends, broadcast feeds, etc.
You Are Connected
Each M32C comes loaded with all of the digital connectivity and functionality you need, right out of the box. Onboard USB 2.0 connectivity delivers a full 32 x 32 channels of audio and MIDI to your DAW. Integrated multi-channel digital audio interfaces connect to remote stage boxes and the P16 Personal Monitor System. Native Ethernet control enables remote operation by computer, iPad or iPhone over a wired or wireless network, across the room - or across the planet!
Dual AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC technology support up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs over shielded (STP) CAT5 cable, allowing remote stage boxes and sharing signals among several connected M32 series mixers and other MIDAS, KLARK TEKNIK and AES50-equipped products. On-board ULTRANET provides a 16-channel digital mix direct to P16 Personal Monitor Mixers, without added hardware, cost or latency.
Ethernet, USB and MIDI are all standard features on M32C.
An additional expansion slot is also included, so that the M32C can connect to current and future digital audio networks and link protocols via a wide range of expansion cards including USB, ADAT*, MADI and Audinate Dante*.
POWERPLAY P16 Personal Monitoring System
Easy as a handshake. Plug the P16-M personal monitor mixer into M32C's ULTRANET port with a shielded (STP) CAT5 cable, and let the performer dial in the ideal 16-channel personal monitor mix. You can daisy-chain additional P16-M units, or use several P16-D ULTRANET distributors to easily set up a plug and play monitor system that can accommodate 64 individual P16-M units - and provide them with operating power over CAT5.
DL16 Digital Stage Box
The MIDAS DL16 digital stage box closes the gap between stage and FOH (Front of House) by placing 16 fully-programmable, remotely controllable high-end MIDAS mic preamps and 8 analogue, balanced XLR returns at the stage end. Connecting over a single shielded (STP) CAT5 cable, up to three DL16 or MIDAS DL150 stage boxes can be daisy-chained to deliver 48 channels in and 24 out to the stage. Dual AES50 ports on the M32R allow up to 96 input channels to be connected and routed in the same system.
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC technology for ultra-low latency (in-ear compatible)
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT5 cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports, each for cascading up to three DL16 units - no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Connectivity for P16-M Personal Monitoring System for in-ear applications (not included)
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multi-core applications
- MIDI in/out for bidirectional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
Real-Time Recording- At the Heart of it All
The M32C forms the nucleus of an ultra-flexible studio control room setup when paired with DL16 I/O and POWERPLAY P16 Personal Monitoring Systems in each tracking room. The included 32 x 32 KLARK TEKNIK DN32-USB audio interface, 8 stereo effects engines, zero-latency monitoring (independent from DAW) and 100% total recall deliver the tools to handle any project you dare to tackle.
Expansion & Networking Optional Expansion Cards
The M32C's expansion slot provides flexible and expandable connectivity for many different applications. A wide array of KLARK TEKNIK expansion cards can easily be used in place of the pre-installed DN32-USB card to release the power of M32C into existing MADI*, Dante* and ADAT networks. Fully compatible with these widely available audio protocols, the M32C delivers a seamless integration in digital live sound, recording and broadcast environments.