The Miktek C5 pencil condenser provides discerning engineers with a valuable new tool for the critical recording of acoustic instruments. The C5, fitted with the MK5a, 0.5-inch cardioid capsule, produces a super-linear, full-bodied response. The capsule employs a 5-micron tensioned Mylar diaphragm, on which a 0.5-micron layer of evaporated gold is applied. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the backplate, and acoustical porting, produces an off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone.
The C5’s head amplifier has been designed around the AMI T5 transformer and, together with the implementation of high quality components including hand-selected transistors, offers a sweet response reminiscent of the iconic classic mics of the past. The Miktek C5 is perfect for recording acoustic instruments including violin, acoustic guitar, mandolin, dobro, brass, woodwind, and piano. The C5 produces excellent results on drums as overheads or hi-hat mics.
- MK5a 0.5-inch Cardioid Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragm
- AMI T5 Transformer
- Hand-selected Transistors
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- Available as a single mic in a wood Presentation Case with Mic Clip; or
- Available as a stereo matched pair with wood Presentation Case with Mic Clips, Shock-mounts, Windscreens, Stereo Bar Set, in a rugged aluminum carrying case
The Miktek C5 is hand built using components from the US, Europe and Asia, and is tested and packaged in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Each microphone includes its serialized frequency response graph created during final testing.
The C5 is available as a single instrument packaged with a mic clip and wooden presentation box, or as a matched pair packaged with two clips in a wooden box and set inside an aluminum case. Matched-pair accessories include two shock mounts, windscreens and a stereo bar.