The Miktek DI2 provides direct insertion of a STEREO audio signal into a STEREO mixer or recorder. It offers a variety of DI solutions for live sound and recording applications. A variety of audio signals can be connected to your DI2, e.g. guitars, bass guitars, drum machines, keyboards, outboard signal processors, high powered speaker outputs from an amplifier, etc.
The DI2 can be powered either by a single 9 volt battery or standard 48 volt phantom power. Whenever phantom power is present on the XLR cable, the DI2 will automatically disconnect the 9 volt battery and switch to phantom power. When the battery switch is in, the DI2 will sense the voltage and chose which is greater.The battery/phantom switch can be used to turn off the battery power when DI2 is not in use.
The DI2 enables you to take the signal from a guitar or bass guitar and pass the signal from the THRU output to an amplifier without affecting the original sound. This can eliminate the need for miking the amplifier, especially with bass guitar. Because the DI2 is an active direct box with its own power supply, you can rely on an even frequency response on any audio signal you connect to regardless of its output impedance. The OUTPUT connection cancels hums/buzzes while leaving the original signal clean and pure. Besides that the DI2 is also useful for connecting unbalanced signals such as DJ mixers, effects processors, and keyboards to a main PA or recording mixer.
- Two 1/4" inputs for a music instrument's audio signal
- Two 1/4 "Thru outputs for linking the audio signal to an amplifier/recorder
- Two Balanced XLR outputs to send audio signal to main mixer
- Two PAD switches for attenuating each channel's input signal
- Two COMBINE switches for summing/combining the input and thru signals passively
- GROUND LIFT button to detach the XLR jak ground from the DI2 chassis
- Battery compartment at the bottom of the DI2
- Battery/Phantom switch for swapping between battery or phantom power operation