Monitor 8 is three products in one: monitor mixer, headphone amp and audio interface. With exceptional analog audio quality, Monitor 8 can mix 24 inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and dozens of AVB audio network channels to eight stereo monitor groups. Connect primary and secondary PA speakers or studio monitors to Main and Aux Outs. Then use six additional, independent monitor groups (A through F) to connect up to 12 headphones, 6 stage monitors, and four stereo in-ear modules or other stereo line out destinations. Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. The unit's extensive routing grid patches ins to outs, or splits inputs to multiple destinations. Use Monitor 8 as a stand-alone mixer and control everything from the Monitor 8's innovative web app running on your iPad, iPhone, tablet, smart phone, and laptop. Connect a second MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Ethernet cable. Add more I/O with the MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build an AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over long cable runs. Stream hundreds of channels among devices and computers on the network. From studio to stage, Monitor 8 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
- Three products in one 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Exceptional audio quality Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU's groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces. The balanced, DC-coupled analog outputs produce measured performance of 123 dB dynamic range (A-weighted) and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs, which can be fed to in-ear monitoring systems or other stereo destinations.
- Universal connectivity Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- 32-bit floating point processing DSP-driven mixing and effects engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- Web app control Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Comprehensive metering The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
- AudioDesk Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. Monitor 8 can mix 24 inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and dozens of AVB audio network channels to eight stereo monitor groups (A thru F, Main and Aux).
Create multiple mixes from a variety of inputs, including 8 channels of high-quality balanced (TRS) analog, 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical, 32 channels of audio streamed from other devices on a connected AVB audio network (if present), and host software audio channels coming from the computer over USB or AVB Ethernet.
With XLR Main Outs and balanced quarter-inch Aux Outs, feed your main mix and monitor mix to studio monitors or PA speakers. Create six additional, independent monitor mixes, each with multiple mirrored outputs that include two sets of 1/4-inch headphone outs (front and rear panel), a summed 1/4-inch mono output, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo quarter-inch outs. This flexible output design lets you send each monitor mix to multiple destinations simultaneously, such as two pairs of headphones, a wireless in-ear monitoring system, and a stage wedge. Monitor 8 delivers exceptional audio quality based on the same industry-recognized analog design as MOTU's groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
The Monitor 8 operates without a computer as a stand-alone mixer and headphone amp, but it can also function as a universally compatible AVB or USB 2.0 audio interface that is USB 3.0 and iOS compatible.
Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. For stand-alone mixing, control Monitor 8 over Wi-Fi from web app software running in your favorite web browser on your iPad, iPhone, tablet, smart phone, and laptop or several devices simultaneously for multi-user control of the Monitor 8's multiple mix busses.
Use the industry-standard, high-performance AVB Ethernet network port to expand your system with additional MOTU interfaces for more I/O, or integrate the Monitor 8 into a state-of-the-art AVB audio network system.
From studio to stage, the Monitor 8 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.