The Track16 connects to any Mac or PC laptop or desktop computer via bus-powered FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0, with professional audio quality at sample rates up to 192 kHz. Track16 provides plenty of I/O for a well-equipped studio, including two mic inputs, two guitar inputs, two stereo line-level inputs, four channels of analog output, optical digital I/O (stereo TOSLink or 8-channel ADAT) and an independent stereo headphone output.
Track16's compact size is perfect desktop studio operation, with one-touch volume control of any input or output channel pair. Four pairs of 7-segment ladder LEDs provide level metering for all analog inputs and outputs at a glance. Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the Track16 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, providing 16 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs, plus 16-channel MIDI input and output.
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer - with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb™ with tail lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ meticulously modeled after British analog console EQs. Use two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler™, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A™ optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
Use Track16's on-screen CueMix FX software to tune your guitar and other instruments. Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and rectangular/polar phase analysis graphs.
The Track16 provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via industry standard WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac OS X, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing, processing and mastering.
- 16 x 14 audio interface for Mac and Windows - All channels are available simultaneously and operate independently.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB 2.0 connectivity - Connects to your Mac or PC via either bus-powered Firewire or hi-speed USB2.
- One-touch operation - Simply tap the input or output you wish to control with the main knob.
- Compact desktop form factor - Sits neatly next to your computer keyboard or laptop.
- 8-bus digital mixer - Routes and mixes all eight inputs to any output pair.
- Eight separate stereo mixes - Each output pair (main outs, line outs, phones, 4x optical, and a return bus) can have a completely different mix of all eight inputs, with or without computer tracks.
- Two mic inputs - 2x pre-amped equipped mic inputs with individual 48V phantom power, -20 dB pad, Precision Digital Trim™, and plenty of gain.
- Two guitar inputs - 2x hi-Z guitar inputs with -20 dB pad and Precision Digital Trim.
- Stereo line inputs - On balanced TRS quarter-inch jacks. Connect a keyboard, synth, drum machine or other analog source.
- Stereo main outs - On balanced TRS quarter-inch jacks. Connect directly to powered speakers (or other line-level analog destination).
- Stereo line outs - Separate line-level outputs for secondary studio monitors or other destination.
- Two headphone outputs - Can't find your headphone adapter? No problem. Both a quarter-inch and eighth-inch jack are provided. Or connect two pairs of phones simultaneously.
- Support for HD audio - Supports standard sample rates up to 192 kHz.
- Precision Digital Trim™ - Digitally controlled analog trim on all inputs provides adjustments in approximately 1/4 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your inputs and then save/recall trim configurations.
- CueMix™ FX cross-platform mixing software - Attractive on-screen graphic mixing with an instrument tuner and audio analysis tools including real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase analysis.
- Stand-alone operation - Bring the Track16 to your gig, with or without a computer. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are ready to go.
- Expandable - Add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Time code support - Directly resolves to (or generates) time code via any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an extra synchronizer.
- Direct Digital Synthesis™ (DDS) - DSP-driven phase lock engine and internal clock source produces imperceptibly low jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the Track16 is resolved to an external clock source via SMPTE time code.
- DC-coupled TRS outputs - Can be used with Volta™ (sold separately) to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2 - Compatible with all current and recent generation Macs and PCs.
- Native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista - Includes ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI drives. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- Fully compatible with 3rd-party software - 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
- Includes audio workstation software - Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Bus-powered FireWire operation - No need for external power when operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer. A power supply is included for stand-alone or USB2 operation.
- Compact form factor - Chassis dimensions: 5 (W) × 8.375 (L) × 1.125 (H) inches (12.7 × 21.27 × 2.86 cm). Knob height adds approximately 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from the top surface.
- Included breakout cable - Included DB25 breakout cable with audio connectors is approximately 44 inches (111.76 cm) long.
How can such a compact unit offer 16 channels of input and 14 channels of output, simultaneously, with mixing? The short answer: Track16 truly is an engineering achievement, packing the same quantity and quality of audio channels as other interfaces that cost hundreds more.
Track16 sets the bar high for detailed metering in such a compact interface. You get dedicated 7-segment main out meters, and configurable meters for all other analog inputs and outputs. Just press the METERS button to toggle between the blue and white labels. It's easy to monitor your signal levels at a glance with Track16.
Backlit Multicolor Buttons
Often, we are called upon to work in studio or stage environments where the lighting conditions are not optimal. Track16's buttons are backlit with multi-color LEDs to facilitate operation just about anywhere. From the factory, the buttons glow amber (orange), except for the currently selected channel, which glows bright green. Or, you can choose from six other color schemes, in various combinations of green, red and amber.
Studio Grade Sound
Track16 has been engineered with MOTU's renowned, award-winning audio interface technology. The result is the pristine audio quality and rock-solid performance that MOTU interfaces are known for worldwide. You can always record and mix with confidence, knowing that decades of engineering experience are behind you, every step of the way.
Thanks to MOTU's Hybrid interface technology, Track16 connects to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0. Connect your mic, guitar, keyboard, and digital input, and you are ready to make pro-quality recordings.
FireWire - Track16 can draw power from its FireWire connection to the computer, so you can operate remotely on laptop battery power.
USB 2.0 - Track16 can record and play all channels simultaneously, and high-speed USB 2.0 provides plenty of bandwidth, even at 192 kHz.
Support for Mac OS X and Windows 7
Track16 provides time-tested drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7 (and Vista) for cross-platform compatibility with virtually all audio software via WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio drivers.
Solid Metal Chassis
Track16's aluminum alloy chassis is lightweight, yet incredibly sturdy and durable, and designed to withstand the rigors of the studio, stage, and tour bus. In a world awash with cheap plastic, the cool feeling of Track16's metal exterior in your hands is a reassuring reminder that you are holding quality engineering and construction.
CueMix FX Software Included
The Track16 mixer takes signals from its 16 inputs (eight stereo) and mixes them to an output pair, such as the main outs. You control the volume of each input. Better yet, you can adjust input volumes differently for each output pair. In other words, each output pair can have its own unique mix. For example, you might create a balanced mix going to your PA via the main outs, but bring up the guitar for the mix going to your stage monitors via the line outs, so you can easily monitor your guitar sound. You get a separate mix for main outs, line outs, optical digital outs, and phones.
CueMix gives you comprehensive graphic control over your mix and other settings in Track16. CueMix can be operated side by side with any host audio software for Mac or Windows, and it can be controlled from the Mackie Control Universal Pro automated worksurface.
Multi-Touch iPad Control
It's the ultimate hands-on experience: use TouchOSC software (sold separately) with a custom-designed template for your Track16 and enjoy hands-on control of all mixing, EQ and compressor settings. Refining your mix has never been this fluid and intuitive.
AudioDesk Software Included
AudioDesk provides advanced recording, editing, mixing, processing, and mastering. AudioDesk delivers the power of modern digital audio workstation technology in an easy-to-use, inspiring multitrack recording experience. Together, AudioDesk and the Track16 transform your computer desktop into a complete, professional recording studio.