DAD AX32R Modular Multi-Channel Digital Router Interface with AD/DA options. 2U Base unit with 8 modular card slots*.Includes 2 x power supply (2nd Socket sold separate, REF#17), 8 x AES3 I/O (16 mono channels), 1 x coax MADI I/O (up to 64 channels), 1500x1500 digital audio router
AX32 is your audio routing centerpiece, digital format converter, world-class AD/DA converter and monitor controller. Quite simply, AX32 changes seamlessly between workflows in seconds, optimizing your production time and efficiency.
With the AX32you get pristine AD and DA conversion with superb sonic quality, versatile I/O structure and IP Audio via Layer 3 Ethernet (Dante) that follows the track of the AX24 with an enhanced performance in terms the sonic quality of the AD andDA conversion, up-to 48 analogue audio channels and a flexible digital signalinterface, routing and distribution structure.
With all I/O card and options installed, you can control a 1,500 x 1,500 matrix of audiochannels. 8 I/O cards and 2 I/O modules can be installed. Just imagine the flexibility and swift change between workflows you would have right at yourfingertips.
All operation and functional control is managed via the DADman control software.
FLEXIBLE AD/DA INTERFACE CONFIGURATION W/ MIC-PRE OPTION
- Versatile digital interface structure
- Easy control of converter parameters
- 8 to 48 analogue channels
- 8 channels on a card. Up-to 6 analogue card can be installed
- 8 ch. Line in AD card and 8 ch. Line/Mic pre in AD card
- 8 ch. Line out DA card with output level control
- Sample rates 44.1 kHz up-to 384 kHz/DSD
- High precision internal clock and PLL
VERSATILE DIGITAL INTERFACE STRUCTURE
- 8 AES3 I/O interfaces
- MADI coax and optical I/O
- 3G SDI embedded audio I/O
- Ethernet IP audio interface for 64 I/O channels using Dante(TM)
- Synch via word clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O
- Adapt to incoming sample rate
EASY CONTROL OF CONVERTER PARAMETERS
- Settings control via front panel knobs and large LCD display
- Operation via DADman control software for Windows and OSX
- Ethernet control interface
- Compliant with the Dante Ethernet controller
STANDARD INTERFACE CAPABILITY
A total of 8 card slots are available in the chassis frame. You can use 6 slots for analog cards each with 8 channels for a total of up to 48 AD/DA input and outputs.
- 8 AES3 I/O on two D25 connectors with16 mono channels
- MADI I/O on BNC connectors with 64 mono channels
- Interface for IP Ethernet control and IP audio on two redundant RJ45connectors with 64 mono I/O channels powered by Dante.
If you would like to use AX32 as a 64-channel interface for Pro Tools (TM), you would have to use Avid's MTRX, which is essentially an AX32 with the addition of DigiLink connectivity.
*Card slots accommodate up to a total of 6 AD/DA cards (REF# 9, 10, 11) or a total of up to 8 digital cards (REF# 12, 13, 14). *When 6 AD/DA cards are installed as above, secondary PSU Socket is required.