The DRS-8 Mic-Pre uses Phoneix Audio's well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2) coupled with a custom wound transformer, but also has the latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a “valve-like” sound. The DRS-8 mk2 is the culmination of over 40 years experience designing Class A circuitry within the Audio Recording Industry. The DRS-8 mk2 is based on the first Phoenix unit, the DRS2. The Class A output stage (TF1) was originally designed by David Rees, the designer of the famous Neve 2253 Limiter and 2254 Limiter/compressor (amongst many other designs), as a retrofit for Neve modules, and the TF1 has now been superseded by the DSOP2 output stage.The Class A, discrete, truly balanced, transformerless microphone input stage was designed to out-perform any transformer input for frequency response, yet has all the characteristics expected in a high quality Class A design.
- 8 Channel 2U – 19” Rack-mount unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch Inputs
- Connections: Combo XLR/1/4” XLR sockets on Rear Panel for Mic inputs & line inputs and switched jacks for DI inputs
- Output connections: XLR’s on rear panel
- Additional outputs: 25 pin “D” style connector on the rear panel (wired “Tascam” Standard)
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. 5 LED Meter on each channel (with hysteresis)
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button switch
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch (Roll-off -6dB per octave @ 80Hz)
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Mute: On Push-button switch.
- Pad Push-button switch: Enables Flexibility for input levels, pad is set at 15db.
- Detented output control for recall, 21 positions.
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Transformer-balanced Output on each channel: Driven by the Phoenix Audio Class A DSOP-2 fully discrete output stage, each transformer is custom wound.
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs . Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable