The DRS-Q4 mk2 is a 4 Band Gyratory-based Eq with 11 selectable frequencies, and Mic, Line, and DI inputs. It has the advantages of more than 25 years experience in audio engineering, today's component and manufacturing technology, but still retaining "that sound" uniquely achievable through Class A design. Phoenix Audio is dedicated to the development of Class A discrete technology used within high build-quality equipment.
The DRS-Q4 mk2 uses their well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2) coupled with a custom wound output transformer, but also has the latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete, truly-balanced Mic Input Technology which gives a "valve-like" sound. It also incorporates high input impedance DI circuitry.
The Gyrator EQ circuit was designed around 40 years ago and was originally designed to emulate the characteristics of a coil or inductor EQ circuit without the issues that they can cause, the result is that our EQ circuit found in the DRSQ4M mk2 is a very powerful but musical EQ perfect for sculpting or crafting vocals, drums or instruments etc whilst still being able to be used on mix bus duties.
- 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs. Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB,
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu @ 1kHz
- Noise: -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR and TSR 1/4" Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio's unique Class A, transformer-less, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Phoenix Audio's custom wound output transformer.
- Microphone/Line input: XLR on Rear Panel
- DI inputs: ¼" TSR Jack on Front Panel
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button Switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4" Jack on front panel (no FETs)
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = 0dB, Yellow = +8dB, corresponding to "4" and "6" on a PPM Meter).
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on Push-button Switch
- High Pass Filter: Roll-off starts at 120Hz @ 12dB per Octave.
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- Gyratory-based EQ Frequency Centres: (4 Bands) High – 15K, 10K, Hi Mid – 6K, 3K, 1K6, Low Mid – 800Hz, 400Hz, 200Hz, Low – 130Hz, 80Hz, 40Hz
- EQ Cut/Boost Levels: 16dB Cut/Boost Per Band with fully detented pots in 21 positions
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable