Eris E66 Active MTM monitors deliver smooth on- and off-axis response with more dynamic output than conventional two-way studio monitor configurations, thanks to their MTM (midwoofer-tweeter-midwoofer) design, which features a 1.25-inch silk dome high-frequency driver nested between two 6.5-inch Kevlar low-frequency drivers. The nested MTM configuration facilitates both vertical and horizontal loudspeaker placement while providing improved spatial resolution with a much wider sweet spot than conventional designs. The weave and nature of the dual Kevlar woofers helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener's ear, resulting in a less colored, more cohesive sound. These dual woofers operate in parallel within the same frequency range, acting to minimize phase displacement to provide optimal stereo imaging.
- Nested MTM design with dual Kevlar drivers provides smooth on- and off-axis response with more dynamic output than conventional two-way studio monitor configurations
- MTM design minimizes phase displacement and leads to improved spatial resolution and a much wider sweet spot
- Dual 6.5-inch, custom-woven Kevlar LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Unique design supports vertical and horizontal loudspeaker placement to fit into any mix environment
- 140W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Balanced XLR, balanced 1/4-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to +6 dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB) compensates for room placement
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Power: 110-120V, 50/60 Hz or 220-240V, 50/60 Hz
Conventional 2-way designs can cause significant early reflections from their surrounding environment. The E44 and E66 overcome this by positioning a 1.25-inch, silk dome high-frequency driver between two 4.5-inch (E44) or 6.5-inch (E66) midrange drivers. The two smaller woofers work in parallel to partially contain the dispersion of the tweeter, minimizing phase displacement. The result is incredibly detailed stereo imaging.
Both the E44 and the E66 feature two midrange drivers that cover the same frequency range. The drivers are placed so that their acoustic centers are less than one wavelength apart for any of the frequencies they reproduce; as a result, the combined signal of both drivers propagates forward like a single waveform. This makes the comparatively small midrange drivers in the E44 and E66 behave like a single, larger driver. This mutual coupling provides a highly dynamic output in a compact footprint.
Sound waves radiating from the two components in a conventional speaker design can interfere with one another, creating peaks at some frequencies and dips at others, and these will vary depending on where the listener is relative to the speaker. In an MTM configuration, component interference, and the sonic inconsistencies that go with it, are minimized. This affords listeners an ultra-wide sweet spot and a more consistent listening experience on- and off-axis.
Transparent and Cohesive Sound.
The E44 and E66 utilize custom-woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers. This provides a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound. The weave and nature of the dual Kevlar woofers also helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener's ear. In conjunction with the MTM configuration, this works to create a transparent, cohesive sound.
Horizontal or Vertical It's Up to You.
Many MTM configurations must be arrayed vertically, rather than horizontally, because vertical placement provides a clear, interference-free midrange and treble reproduction to either side, expanding the sweet spot. By bringing the midrange drivers closer together and raising the high-frequency driver, the E44 and E66 are able to perform optimally in both orientations. So, like all Eris speakers, the E44 and E66 let you position your speaker the way that works best for you.
You're in Control.
Today's music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. That's why Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive acoustic tuning controls. The three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to further mitigate room anomalies. A Low Cutoff filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor subwoofer into your monitor setup.
With three different types of audio inputs, it's easy to feed audio to your Eris monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. The Eris E44 and E66 provide balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. With this selection, you'll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up with virtually any line-level source.
Like all PreSonus studio monitors, the Eris E44 and E66 offer consistent, accurate listening. The ultra-wide stereo image afforded by their MTM design, makes them an ideal solution for any one who requires best-in-class spatial resolution. Like the rest of the Eris studio monitors, the E44 and E66 set a new standard for affordable studio monitors.