Work better, faster. Studio One 4 Artist is designed for ease of use without sacrificing effectiveness. It seamlessly combines the time-tested recording studio model with today's beat-oriented production process, so musicians of all genres can being their musical ideas to sonic reality-quickly and easily.
Studio One doesn't dictate a workflow, but provides advanced features so musicians can follow their own musical path. In addition to the wealth of flexible tools for all types of creative musicians, the next-generation Impact XT and Sample One XT are exciting new virtual instruments for EDM and hip-hop producers. These aren't just "instruments", but powerful, complete production environments-auto-slice, dice, sample, de-construct, and trigger synched loops with an intuitive workflow. And when you're creating rhythm tracks for any genre, the new Patterns and companion Drum Editor bring step sequencing and drum machine-style music creation into the 21st century.
- Intuitive single-window work environment with quick and easy drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support
- Unlimited audio and instrument tracks, advanced automation features, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Pristine sound quality with native 32-bit floating point resolution and support for up to 384 kHz audio
- Exceptional new virtual instruments: Impact XT and SampleOne XT for powerful beat or loop-based composition, live sampling, and robust sample editing
- Patterns allow for intuitive drum and melody composition via familiar drum machine/sequencer style UI
- Presence XT sample playback instrument and Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synth with character morphing and modulation matrix
- 31 native effects, 5 virtual instruments, optional AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- Use Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, and Logic shortcut key commands or create your own
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- Dropout protection for native low-latency monitoring
- Transient detection with editable markers, drag-and-drop groove extraction
- Melodyne-ready with Audio Random Access (ARA) compatibility
- Single and multitrack comping
- Multitrack note data editing
- Integrated online Cloud Services include the PreSonus Shop, PreSonus Exchange, and our unique bi-directional SoundCloud integration
There's a very good reason why so many musicians have switched to Studio One from older, more rigid programs. Built on a modern foundation that's not bogged down by legacy code, Studio One Artist provides an efficient, creative companion from initial inspiration to final export. Its efficient, single-screen interface houses an unlimited number of tracks, intuitive editing tools, and advanced virtual instruments you spend your time creating music, not wondering what to click next. The 32-bit mix engine is state of the art, while the smooth, analog, superior sound quality of the virtual instruments comes from proprietary techniques that provide much higher controller resolution.
The reason why Studio One resonates with musicians is simple: PreSonus listens. As with previous versions, many new features in Version 4 are the direct result of user feedback. Add a comprehensive and easy-to-use feature set, full integration with Notion for superb notation, carefully curated content, a comprehensive set of plug-ins, advanced step sequencing, unified hardware control with the FaderPort series of hands-on controllers, and much more-it's no wonder that Studio One continues to gain new followers every day.