The CX Series amplifiers are designed to meet the specialized needs of sound contractors. Featuring PowerLight™ switch mode power supply technology and features like gain control security panels and 70 volt direct models. All models feature DataPorts for integration with Q-Sys or QSControl.net systems.
The CX Series is designed to meet the specialized needs of sound contractors. Eight models have been designed from the ground up, combining QSC's exclusive PowerLight® technology with specific features to meet the requirements of fixed installations. With high output power, versatile loading options, high thermal capacity and proven reliability, the CX Series is the ideal solution to any permanently installed sound system.
The CX amplifiers are equipped with many contractor specific features including 1 dB detented gain controls for easily repeatable settings and a custom security cover for tamper-proof installations. Active inrush limiting eliminates AC inrush current, cutting the need for power sequencers.
- Three models that range in power from 170 watts to 450 watts per channel
- Compact size—all models only 2 RU and 14 deep for reduced rack cost and floor space
- Bridgeable channels 1 + 2 and 3 + 4, for maximum flexibility
- Active inrush limiting eliminates AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- HD15 DataPort connector for Q-Sys and QSControl computer control and monitoring
- Custom integrated security cover for tamper-proof installations
- Variable-speed fan for low noise
- 1-dB detented gain controls for fast and accurate gain settings
- Detachable Euro style input connectors
- DIP switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge mono and parallel operation
- Exclusive PowerLight switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers and prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material (33 Hz or 75 Hz on non-V models, 50 Hz or 75 Hz on V models)
- Comprehensive front panel indicators including signal, clip, protect and QSC's exclusive bridge mono and parallel input LEDs
- Barrier strip output connector
- Comprehensive protection circuitry including DC, infrasonic, thermal overload and short circuit protection
- High-performance Class AB+B complementary bipolar output circuitry
- Light weight—all models only 21 pounds (9.5 kg) for easier racking and shipping
- 3-year warranty plus optional 3-year extended service contract
- All CX Series amplifiers meet the European Union's, 2006 RoHS directive to restrict the use of hazardous materials used in electronic devices.
CX amplifiers also include an HD15 Data Port connector to interface with Q-Sys and QSControl networked audio systems, for remote amplifier monitoring and control.
4-channel CX amplifiers give you four channels in only two rack spaces-without compromising on power. Choose from three models - a direct 70 volt model and two low impedance versions, each equipped with our exclusive PowerLight® switching power supply technology to virtually eliminate noise and hum. With high output power, versatile loading options, high thermal capacity and unmatched reliability, the CX Series is the perfect solution to any permanently installed sound system.
With PowerLight technology, CX amplifiers take your sound to a whole new level. Not only does it give you tighter bass and clean transparent highs, PowerLight also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability and gets rid of unwanted noise and hum. PowerLight is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times a second through an ultra-low impedance circuit. So unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.
Designed for permanently installed sound systems where rackspace is at a premium, QSC's CX108V and CX168 provide unprecedented levels of channel density for multi-channel amplifiers. The CX108V and CX168 provide 100 watts per channel at 70 volts and 90 watts per channel at 8 ohms respectively. With both models, each pair of channels may be bridged to configure these amplifiers as 4, 5, 6, or 7 channel units. Like the entire CX Series, the 8-channel models feature DataPorts for remote amplifier management or signal processing, incorporate QSC's legendary PowerLight® technology, and deliver our unmatched reputation for quality and reliability.
QSC's PowerLight technology takes your audio to an entirely new level. Delivering tighter bass and clean, transparent highs, PowerLight also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability, and eliminates unwanted noise and hum. PowerLight is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times per second through an ultra-low noise impedance circuit. Unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.