QSC TouchMix compact digital mixers are designed for musicians, production professionals and live performance venues that need the power and capability of a large "concert" mixing console in a compact, affordable and easy to use form. TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 mixers have the functionality to satisfy demanding professionals combined with a range of features and functions that help the less experienced user achieve quality results.
The QSC TouchMix Series represents a breakthrough in innovation and digital mixer design - the result of a remarkable collaboration between QSC and industry icons Greg Mackie and Peter Watts (M&W Pro Audio Ltd.) TouchMix not only resets the bar for performance and value, but also redefines the user experience for both professionals and novices alike.
- Approximately the size and weight of a small laptop computer.
- Operation via internal color touch-screen and rotary dial, mobile device or both simultaneously.
- USB Wi-Fi adapter included. No additional network hardware required for remote control.
- Includes padded carrying case for protection and easy transport.
- Simple Mode makes getting great results easy and fast; similar to the "Auto" function on a DSLR camera.
- Advanced Mode gives Pro users total control over all mixer parameters.
- Wizards and preset libraries created specifically for live sound reinforcement assist the user with channel setup, effects selection and more.
- Built-in color touchscreen combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation.
- 4-band full parametric EQ and variable high-pass filter on all input channels.
- Gate and compressor on all input channels.
- Four premium stereo DSP's with a full selection of professional digital effects.
- 1/3 octave graphic EQ, notch filters, limiters and delay on main and aux. outputs, DCA's and mute groups High Quality microphone preamps Channel selectable phantom power.
- Multiple monitor mixes including ability to drive in-ears directly.
- Multi-track direct to disk recording/playback via external USB hard drive (not included.) No computer required.
- TouchMix delivers all the processing power and features that a professional live sound engineer could want.
"Big Mixer" Features and Specifications
Professional live sound reinforcement engineers have come to expect functionality such as four bands of fully parametric
EQ, variable high and low-pass filters, compressors and gates on every channel. They rely on multiple, high quality digital effects. They expect equalization, limiting and delay on all the outputs as well as the control that DCA and mute groups provide. And they expect pristine audio quality throughout the audio path of the mixer, including low- distortion, class-A microphone preamps and professional grade converters for all inputs and outputs. With TouchMix's, "no asterisk" specifications, there are no tradeoffs - just great performance.
Fast, Professional Results for Everyone
Digital cameras have 'point and shoot' features to help casual users achieve results approaching those of skilled photographers. At the same time, these cameras offer all the features an advanced photographer wants. With this in mind, the TouchMix design team set out to create a mixer that does for live sound what 'point and shoot' technology
has done for photography. Many TouchMix functions such as EQ, compressors, gates and limiters offer you a choice of Advanced Mode operation that offers total control over all parameters or Simple Mode that provides only the most essential controls.
There's also a comprehensive library of Channel Presets. These are not typical, generic, one-size-fits-all settings developed in a recording studio. Experienced, live sound engineers spent months working with musicians, all manner of instruments, popular microphones and pickups and multiple speaker systems to develop a library of settings that are specifically designed for live sound reinforcement. In addition, the onboard Effects Wizard guides you through the selection and assignment of appropriate effects while the Gain Wizard continuously monitors and displays input clipping, allowing you to focus on your performance. The TouchMix also comes with a comprehensive library of complete Mixer Scenes to get you started. User scenes may be stored or recalled from either internal or USB memory and at the user's option, scenes may include or omit main and auxiliary mix levels.
Compact and Complete
TouchMix mixers are completely self- contained. They require no external PC or video display. The graphic, color touch- screen provides display of and access to mix parameters. Mixer parameters may be adjusted on the screen or via the physical rotary encoder. Frequently used functions can be accessed or controlled using hardware buttons.
TouchMix may also be controlled remotely by means of Wi-Fi connection to wireless iOS devices. The available Remote Control App controls all mixer parameters and the mixer includes a WiFi adapter that creates the network connection between the mixer and the hand-held device. No external network hardware is required.
To sound their best, musicians need to hear themselves. With four (TouchMix-8) or ten (TouchMix-16) auxiliary output channels, TouchMix has ample stage monitor mixing capability. Both models have the ability to drive multiple, wired stereo in-ear monitors directly.
TouchMix is also capable of direct recording to an external USB hard drive - no external computer is required. All inputs plus a stereo mix are created in 32-bitbroadcast wave format. Tracks can also be played back on the mixer or imported into most DAW software for over-dubs and post production.
Finally, the TouchMix comes complete with its own padded carrying case, for transport and protection. Wherever your music takes you, the TouchMix will be there, ready to take the stage to help you achieve the most ideal sound for your audience.