Rane has replaced the HAL3 model with the updated HAL3s. The HAL3s does everything the HAL3 did, and more!
- New analog Mic/Line-Plus input stage adds support for 2 microphone inputs, with or without 48 V phantom power.
- Additional RAD port: one DR port becomes a RAD port. This makes the HAL3s a 6-input, 10-output DSP (the HAL3 was 4 x 8). More audio channels means more applications solved.
- 10 dB quieter: the dynamic range is improved 10 dB — now with 108 dB dynamic range!
- Best of all, the new HAL3s has the same price as the HAL3 was.
Note that your existing HAL3 software configuration files are not compatible with the new HAL3s. This means system designers should either create brand new HAL3s files to use with the new model, or copy and paste all the HAL3 DSP blocks and wires into a new HAL3s file. Then recreate links, presets or paging management settings. You’ll find HAL3s support in the latest version of Halogen software.
A HAL3s Multiprocessor supports 6 in x 10 out audio, with 2 in x 6 out on balanced analog connections, and another 4 in x 4 out digitally through RADs. The two analog Inputs are Line / Line-Plus / Mic / Mic+48V capable. In addition to supporting balanced line and microphone inputs, this configuration allows a stereo pair connection to an input, converting to a single L+R mono signal.
Two DR ports provides support for preset recall, level control and select functions using a DR1, DR2 or DR3. If more logic ins and outs are needed for pots, switches or external indicators, a DR4 or DR5 may be added. DRs can be operated from a RAD port, so up to four DRs can plug into a HAL3s when RADs aren't needed.
- DSP contains 2400 MIPS of processing power
- Ethernet 1000BASE-T with Zeroconf service discovery protocol for easy set up
- 2 analog Mic / Line-Plus Inputs on Euroblock connectors (green area)
- *“Mic / Line-Plus” Inputs accept a balanced line, or mono left & right unbalanced lines, configured in Halogen software.
- 6 analog balanced line outputs on Euroblock connectors (orange area)
- Front panel signal and overload indicators for all inputs and outputs
- Two RAD Ports, each Port 2 in x 2 out plus control channel (blue areas)
- RJ-45 shielded CAT 5e connections up to 150 meters (500 feet)
- Four Digital Remote Ports (brown and blue areas) [DR can connect to RAD port]
- RJ-45 shielded CAT 5e connections up to 300 meters (1000 feet)
- Four Logic Inputs on Mini-Euroblock 6-pin connectors (gray area)
- Unit Size: 1U, 1.75"H x 19"W x 8.25"D (4.4 cm x 48.3 cm x 20.9 cm)
- Unit Weight: 5 lb (2.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 9 lb (3.8 kg)