Reason is one of the most powerful and flexible sound design and beatmaking tools for your music. It’s a virtual studio rack packed full of instruments, synthesizers, drum machines, sound-shaping effects, Player MIDI effects, and mixing tools which come together to make your sound possible.
Wanna add some personality to the music you make in Ableton Live, Apple Logic, FL Studio or Avid Pro Tools? Just use Reason with the Rack as a plugin. But if you prefer to make your music in Reason (like many of the greatest producers in the world do) you can rest assured that you will always have what you need to be original and sound like you.
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason's rack
- Delay compensation makes all signal paths play in perfect, phase-locked sync
- Opens songs and synth patches made in Reason Compact - the free pocket music studio for iOS
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Reason Studios and 3rd party developers
- Support for Ableton Link: effortlessly sync Reason and other link enabled apps over WiFi
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch and audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize—correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- MIDI instrument output—control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output—sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting—export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all Sampler devices
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- Supports all major file formats—from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file.
- Advanced modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
What is the Rack?
If Reason was a song, the Rack would be the hook. It is the creative sound design playground where you can combine instruments, effects and other devices to find just the sound you are looking for.
Can I use the Rack?
Yes, you can. The Rack is available as a creative sound design plugin for VST/AU/AAX formats. That means you can use it inside any music production software. So you don’t have to break up with anyone to hang with it.
Enough about plugins, what about Reason as a studio?
The latest and greatest version of Reason is always included in Reason+. And the Rack is an integrated part. So you really don’t need any other music production software.
New in Reason 12:
Mimic Creative Sampler
Mimic is a fun new sampler for the modern beatmaker and producer. Designed for quick and immediate triggering, chopping, and manipulation of whatever audio you throw at it.
Combine your favorite devices, choose a panel size, change the background color, add a custom background, and the perfect set of controls to build your dream machine.
High Resolution Graphics
Geek out on crystal clear hyper-realistic devices in the Rack and adapt Reason to your workflow with the new new zoomable interface.
With a new faster browsing experience you can easily find all your devices, samples and patches, and stay in the creative flow.
Virtual Studio Rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft your own sound using Reason’s synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, and other organic instruments – along with a large collection of audio and MIDI effects to shape both your sound and even the notes you play on your keyboard.
Inviting, easy to use and with a sound to die for: Reason’s instrument is the true stars of the Reason experience.
- Mimic Creative Sampler NEW
- Grain Sample Manipulator
- Radical Piano
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Thor Polysonic Synthesizer
- Rytmik Drum Machine
- Klang Tuned Percussion
- Pangea World Instrument
- Humana Vocal Ensemble
- Monotone Bass Synthesizer
- Kong Drum Designer
- NN19 Sampler
- NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- Malström Graintable Synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- Redrum Drum Computer
- Subtractor Analog Synthesizer
- MIDI Out Device
- ID-8 Instrument Device
From the easy and straightforward to the esoteric and downright complex, Reason comes with all the effects you need.
- Quartet Chorus Ensemble
- Sweeper Modulation Effect
- Master Bus Compressor
- Channel Dynamics
- Channel EQ
- The Echo
- Pulveriser Demolition
- RV7000 MkII Reverb
- Softube Amp
- Softube Bass Amp
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- Alligator Triple Filtered Gate
- Synchronous Effects Modulator
- Neptune Pitch Adjuster
- BV512 Vocoder
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- MClass Equalizer
- MClass Stereo Imager
- MClass Compressor
- MClass Maximizer
- RV-7 Digital Reverb
- DDL-1 Digital Delay Line
- D-11 Foldback Distortion
- ECF-42 Envelope Controlled Filter
- CF-101 Chorus/Flanger
- PH-90 Phaser
- COMP-01 Compressor/Limiter
- PEQ-2 Two Band Parametric EQ
- UN-16 Unison
Player MIDI FX
- Beat Map Algorhythmic Drummer
- Scales and Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
- Combinator MAJOR UPDATE
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- Matrix Pattern Sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- Mixer 14:2
- Line Mixer 6:2
- Spider Audio Merger and Splitter
- Spider CV Merger and Splitter
Sounds and Patches MAJOR UPDATE
Huge sound banks with more than 29000 device patches, loops and samples