RME proudly presents a new generation of top-class microphone, line and instrument preamp, hi-end A/D converter, digital patchbay and format converter, monitoring device, and last but not least the flexible frontend for Apple's iPad® - the OctaMic XTC!
With the OctaMic XTC eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, meet an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols - from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical. Analog signals are converted with RME's newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
- 8 balanced XLR microphone/line inputs, 4 TRS line, 4 TRS instrument inputs
- 85 dB gain range: Analog input level from -53 dBu up to +32 dBu
- Hi-end circuit design with relais and lowest noise mic preamp
- Nearly noise-free gain changing
- AutoSet: automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Latest generation super low latency AD-converters
- 2 unbalanced hi-power stereo outputs line/phones
- Unit's current state can be stored on 6 memory slots
- Completely remote controllable
- Word clock input and output
- MIDI I/O via DIN, USB (2x) and MADI
- 4 x AES/EBU out via D-Sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz
- MADI I/O (64 channels @ 48 kHz)
- Phantom power: +48 Volt switchable per channel
- Internal wide range switching power supply 100-240 Volt AC
The OctaMic XTC is a full range hi-end preamp and AD/DA-converter in reference quality, fully remote controllable. In a standard 19" box with 1 unit height the device offers numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck, SteadyClock, QuickGain, AutoSet, MIDI over MADI, and remote control via USB, MADI and MIDI. It includes 8-channel 192 kHz / 24-bit AD conversion with eight high class microphone and line/ instrument pre-amplification inputs in excellent RME quality. Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfect linear frequency response allow for unchanged transmission and amplification of the microphone signals.
OctaMic XTC provides 8 balanced XLR mic/line inputs. 4 balanced line inputs via TRS and 4 unbalanced line/instrument inputs via TS were realized by using Neutrik XLRs/TRS combo jacks. Frontside keys give quick and direct access to the most often used functions, perfectly visualized on an easy to read TFT-display.
The XTC's 8-channel AD- and 4 channel DA-conversion operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitized signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX), a D-sub 25 connector (4 AES/EBU outputs) and MADI optical. Using Mac OS X or an iPad™, up to 24 I/Os can also be used via USB.
RME’s outstanding SteadyClock™ ensures perfect AD/DA-conversion, as jitter on the external sync sources is nearly completely removed. The digital inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously to the AD/DA conversion. Sophisticated routing options turn the OctaMic XTC into an AD/DA-converter with multiple digital outputs of different formats, as well as a digital format converter between ADAT, AES and MADI, and also a signal inserter/extractor for serialized MADI setups.
Equipped with the latest professional AD-converters, the OctaMic XTC excels with super low noise, super low THD, and super low latency conversion (< 0.28 ms).