This RODE podcasting kit consists of one RODECaster Pro, one Shure SM7B Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Broadcast Microphone, one Atlas DS7E desktop mic stand, one Sennheiser HD 200 PRO headphones, and one 10' Whirlwind MK4 XLR mic cable.
RODE RODECaster Pro - Complete Podcasting Studio
The RODECaster™ Pro is the world's first fully integrated podcast production studio. Whether you are just starting out, or are a seasoned broadcast professional, the RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio is all you will ever need.
The RODECaster Pro™ is designed to simplify podcast production whilst delivering superb audio quality. It supports up to four presenters, as well as offering easy connection to phone, USB and Bluetooth™ sources. Eight programmable pads offer instant playback of sound effects and jingles. Podcasts can be recorded directly to microSD™ card, or to a computer via USB. Ease of use is assured, with intuitive controls and large full-colour touchscreen.
- Easy-to-use podcast production studio
- 8 faders to control audio levels
- 4 high-quality XLR mic inputs
- Instant jingle playback via programmable pads (with companion app)
- Echo Free Phone connectivity via either TRRS or Bluetooth™ with automatic mix-minus
- Aphex Big Bottom™ and Aural Exciter™ processing onboard
- Record direct to microSD™ card or computer via USB
- 2 years Warranty (1 year plus 1 with online registration)
Connect and record
The 4 high-quality microphone channels are able to power studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones. You can quickly connect microphones for you and your guests with automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card. You can literally be recording your first podcast within minutes of taking the RODECaster Pro out of the box.
Sound Effects and Jingles
The RODECaster Pro comes with eight programmable sound effects pads, for instant triggering of sound effects, music, jingles, applause and ads – perfect for giving your podcast that professional quality. You can record audio direct to the programmable pads from any input, or simply “drag and drop” files from your computer using the supplied software. You can even select your favourite colours for the pad illumination.
Have a remote guest you want to interview? Simply connect your phone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth™ or with a TRRS cable. The RODECaster Pro automatically provides “mix-minus” audio to prevent echo being heard by the caller, without the need to purchase dedicated and costly hardware. Telephone interviews with a remote guest never sounded so good!
Class A Servo-biased Preamps
The RODECaster Pro’s pristine preamps and outputs feature Class A circuitry, as found in broadcast consoles that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Class A preamps provide a much cleaner gain structure with lower levels of distortion. The result is an incredibly clean, low-noise signal. The Preamps are also servo-biased, keeping distortion levels low. Your signal is broadcast-pure.
APHEX® On board
Your pristine signal can also be enhanced with the legendary patented audio processors, APHEX Aural Exciter™ and APHEX Big Bottom™. These have been incorporated in the audio processing section of the RODECaster Pro, and your sound will have that rich, warm tone only found in professional studios. The RODECaster Pro also features multistage dynamics, such as compression, limiting, de-essing and noise-gating.
The RODECaster Pro operates as a standalone unit straight out of the box, recording your finished podcast direct to a microSD™ card. The RODECaster Pro also connects to your computer as a USB audio interface, so you can record your podcast to your favourite recording software, or stream live. Multitrack recording is also available via USB to your computer’s recording software (including Garage Band, Reaper, Logic, ProTools, Audition and more), allowing you to separately record each of the sources to its own track for editing in post-production. Naturally, a stereo mix of your finished podcast will also be captured in multi-channel mode.
Shure SM7B Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Broadcast Microphone
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices. The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
AtlasIED DS7E Round Base Adjustable Desktop Microphone Stand (Ebony)
Adjustable Height Desktop Mic Stand 8-13 inches / Ebony Finish
Versatile stands may be adjusted from 8 to 13 inches and include a grip-action clutch and ebony-finished cast iron base. DS-7E is supplied with non-reflective ebony tubing.
- Quality Construction Assures Extended Service and Quality Appearance Versatile Stands Fulfill Functional and Aesthetic Miking Requirements for Microphone Placement Weighted Bases Provide Maximum Stability
Sennheiser HD 200 PRO Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones
The HD 200 PRO monitoring headphones are made to ensure detailed and powerful studio sound wherever you are. No matter if you record your own tunes at home, in the rehearsal room or on stage, or simply enjoy listening to your favorite music at home, the HD 200 PRO is your ideal companion for every monitoring task.
Built on the successful HD4x1 series, the HD 200 PRO features Sennheiser’s proprietary neodymium magnets, which deliver an excellent and powerful sound reproduction. The closed, over-ear, lightweight design offers excellent comfort and isolation from external ambient noise, which is optimal for long creative monitoring sessions (e.g. electronic piano, laptop, mixing consoles). The HD 200 PRO features soft ear and headband cushions for enhanced fit and comfort, 2m straight and single-sided cable for tangle-free freedom of movement, a 6.3mm stereo adapter to optimize connectivity with other equipment, such as e-pianos.
- Closed, around-ear headphone design to reduce ambient noise
- Sennheiser’s proprietary transducers deliver an outstanding stereo sound reproduction with powerful punchy bass
- The soft ear cushions and the ergonomic design provide enhanced fit and comfort
- A robust and 2.0m singled-sided cable
- 6.3 mm (1/4”) stereo jack adaptor included
Whirlwind MK410 Accusonic+2 Microphone Cable - 10 feet
Whirlwind MK Series mic cables are built with Accusonic+2 cable and fitted with Whirlwind XLR connectors to ensure superior cable performance year after year. Accusonic+2 features finely stranded center conductors and braided shield for superior noise rejection.