This ingenious little 3" windscreen has been specifically designed for interior boom pole use. The Baseball greatly reduces the ‘swooshes’ (unwanted noise artifacts caused by laminar airflow across the mic) induced by fast boom swings and other rapid movements.
The Baseball is fitted with a soft yet durable end-cap. Made of thermoplastic elastomer – a unique plastic and rubber mix – the end-cap helps secure the mic and provides an effective seal against wind. The Baseball comes in ‘19/20’, ’21/22? (green end-cap) and ‘24/25’ variants, reflecting compatible microphone diameters in mm.
The Baseball came about from listening to customers; it offers a fast, practical solution to address the universal ‘swooshing’ noise problem experienced by sound pros when booming.
- Significantly increased performance versus conventional foam windscreens
- Provides -30dB of wind noise attenuation, across the frequency spectrum
- Rapid attachment and removal
- Durable and easily maintained
- Incredibly lightweight – only 17g*
- Offers capsule protection to the mic (during scene down-time and equipment changes)
- Acoustically transparent open cell foam and soft felt cover construction
- Handmade in the UK
The Baseball Windjammer® is an incredibly useful little add-on product for the Baseball, allowing for even faster/deeper boom swings indoors. Importantly, with the Windjammer fitted, the Baseball can now also be used outdoors in light winds.
The Baseball Windjammer comes in one size, which fits all our Baseball variants, i.e. 19/20mm, 21/22mm and 24/25mm. Weighing just 15g*, the Baseball Windjammer adds very little extra size or weight when fitted to the Baseball.
Adding a Baseball Windjammer to the Baseball brings a very useful extra 10dB of wind noise attenuation, across the spectrum. So, the performance of the Baseball with the Windjammer fitted is -40dB wind noise attenuation, across the frequency spectrum.