Perfect for the Sennheiser MKH 416, the rugged, all-round professional short shotgun mic. Light and robust, the Windshield Kit, 416 is the most complete professional microphone windshield and shock mounting system available for your Sennheiser MKH 416. Also compatible with: Schoeps CMIT 5U, Neumann KMR81i, Rode NTG3, Sanken CS-3e, and Sennheiser MKE 600, among others.
- Genuine Rycote patented Lyre® technology for massive handling noise reduction
- Broadcast industry standard Rycote basket windshield for stunning wind noise protection and superior acoustic transparency
- Basket only 14.5” in length! - Shortest length windshield available for the MKH 416 & CMIT 5U
- Premium, RF-shielded shortie XLR-F cable from our flagship CYCLONE range
- Offset XLR adaptor on the outside of the shield to hold the Male XLR is firmly held in place
- 72-Shore Lyres with non-slip, soft-grip rubberized treatment
- Genuine Rycote Windjammer included
- Included Boom Adaptor: Attaches to boom-poles via industry standard female 3/8” UNC brass thread attachment
Quick & Easy
Boasting a sleek profile, the 14.5" basket of the Windshield Kit 416 is the shortest and lightest full windshield system available for your Sennheiser MKH 416 and other compatible shotgun microphones.
The perfectly balanced shockmount is ready to go right out of the box to plug in your 416 and get to work.
Patented Lyre Microphone Isolation
A patented Lyre suspension isolates the microphone, and together with a captive cable, significantly minimizes handling noise.
Shown here with the MKH 416 - the Windshield Kit 416 suspension is the ideal solution for this industry standard mic giving it the extra shock isolation it demands with or without the windshield.
RF Shielded Shortie-XLR
Technology from the Flagship Cyclone Series! Windshield Kit 416 includes the new Rycote 90° Shortie XLR Female inside the basket allowing for a greater degree of mic lengths to comfortably fit. The connecter has an intergral RF Shield built into it to contribute to trouble-free use with condenser microphones in dirty RF enviroments.
Greater Wind Protection
For more extreme wind conditions the included premium quality Windjammer allows for top of the line wind attenuation performance and transparent audio transmission.
Boom Adaptor and XLR Holder
Included Boom Adaptor: Attaches to boom-poles via industry standard female 3/8” UNC brass thread attachment. The premium offset XLR holder adaptor borrowed from the flagship Cyclone range sits on the outside of the shield to holds the Male XLR of the mic tail firmly in place.