The demand for high quality audio is increasing as high-resolution content becomes prevalent in the video production industry. Today’s content creators are faced with the challenge of capturing high-quality audio quickly, reliably and with limited resources. Offering superb sound quality with digital processing, reliable RF transmission, true double tuner diversity reception and friendly features, the UWP-D series is an ideal partner for ENG (electronic news gathering) and EFP (electronic field production), as well as documentaries and weddings.
- High-quality sound with Sony digital audio processing
- NFC SYNC function for quick and easy secure channel setting
- True double tuner diversity for stable signal reception
- Channel memory for fast switching between two receiver frequencies
- Headphone output for monitoring
- Monitor mode for using a receiver as an ear monitor
- Compatibility with Sony WL-800/UWP series
- Output level control for receiver
- High visibility OLED display, ideal for indoor/outdoor use
- USB connector for power supply
- Digital audio interface support with SMAD-P5 Multi Interface (MI) Shoe Adaptor (optional)
Digital Audio Processing for high quality sound
Advanced digital audio processing technology by Sony assures high quality sound with improved transient response performance. A new [optional] digital audio interface enables direct digital sound recording with many Sony professional camcorders and Alpha interchangeable lens cameras via the SMAD-P5 Multi Interface MI shoe adaptor, bypassing A/D and D/A conversion stages to further ensure excellent sound quality.
Seamless camcorder integration
Integration with compatible* Sony camcorders (requires SMAD-P5 Multi Interface shoe adaptor) displays audio information such as RF level meter, audio mute status and transmitter low battery alert in the camera’s viewfinder. Via the SMAD-P5, audio signals are transmitted from receiver to camera without requiring a cable connection. The wireless receiver can also receive power from the camera, with synchronized power on/off between camera and receiver for more effective power management.
*See details on SMAD-P5 for compatibility information.
Fast, easy frequency setting
Sony’s uniquely user-friendly NFC SYNC feature allows quick, intuitive secure channel setting between transmitter and receiver.
Light, compact design
Reduced system size and weight enable superior mobility in a wide range of applications including news, documentaries, weddings and remote production. The receiver’s compact size and light weight make it an ideal partner for use small camcorders and interchangeable lens digital cameras.