Sound Devices’ first miniature transmitter incorporates state-of-the-art features such as full remote control via the A20-Remote app, long range modulation, GainForward Architecture, SpectraBand’s 470 MHz – 1525 MHz tuning range, internal 32-bit float recording, and more. The A20-Mini is fully compatible with the A20-RX and the A10-RX.
- Worldwide tuning range of 470 MHz – 1525 MHz with the A20-RX.
- Full remote control of the Mini via A20-Remote companion app.
- State-of-the-art 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.
- GainForward Architecture: set the Mini's gain levels via trim control (with an 8-Series) or at the A20-RX/A10-RX (other mixers).
- Full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth; 100% digital RF modulation and transmission. Same excellent range and audio quality as the A10-TX.
- Built-in 32-bit float, 48 kHz recorder with 64 GB storage for over 80 hours of record time.
- USB-C for file offload and optionally conform/convert with SD-Utility.
- Powering via Lithium AAA or NP-BX1 (Li-Ion) batteries with built-in charging for NP-BX1.
- Internal timecode generator with supercapacitor backup can be jammed via USB-C.
- Water-resistant with a rounded form factor.
The A10/A20 Wireless System delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.¹ The state-of-the-art, 100% digital long-range modulation offers the same great audio quality (10 Hz – 20 kHz) as our Standard modulation scheme with a longer range for both line-of-sight and heavy multipath transmission.
SpectraBand technology delivers a tuning range of 470 – 1525 MHz in a single unit – an industry first. Experience ultimate flexibility as you find open spectrum away from the crowded UHF TV band.
With the Mini’s GainForward Architecture, easily set the Mini’s gain, low-cut, and limiter directly on your 8-Series. This immediate, local control of gain allows quick adaptation to changing volume levels and saves time during production.
Group remote control.
All transmitters can be powered up and down simultaneously or made to start and stop recording with a single tap from your smartphone or tablet. Use A20-Remote to create custom groups with selected transmitters or use the default all-transmitter group. You can also use groups to change RF Power, Mode, Modulation, Mute Mic, Format Media, and LED settings on multiple A20-Minis at once. The A20-Mini’s high-efficiency internal 2.4 GHz antenna ensures excellent Bluetooth range.
32-bit float recording.
The A20-Mini records in 32-bit float for an astounding 130 dB of dynamic range. This allows for audio gain decisions to be made after recording, with zero loss in headroom or noise performance.
Built-in 64 GB media.
No more SD card management – the ample-sized media stores more than 80 hours of continuous, uncompressed 32-bit float recording. Simply offload the recorded WAV files via the high-speed USB-C port to a computer.
Sleek and small.
The A20-Mini digital wireless transmitter combines legendary British audio quality with the best of American design. The sleek, rounded form fits perfectly into body contours and underneath tight clothing.
Never lose time.
The Mini’s ultra-accurate 0.2 ppm internal timecode generator can be jammed via USB-C with negligible drift over a 24-hour period.
Use off-the-shelf rechargeable or AAA batteries – no adapter needed. 3 AAA batteries or a rechargeable Sony NP-BX1 give you the ultimate in powering flexibility. You can even recharge the NP-BX1 via the Mini’s USB-C.
With its extensive gasketing and waterproof connectors, the A20-Mini can easily withstand water and sweat.
Optional accessory provides easy battery charging, file transfer, and timecode jamming of up to eight A20-Minis at a time. Powered via DC (TA4) or USB-C (USB-PD).