The result of a unique collaboration between live sound mixing experts Soundcraft and renowned plug-in manufacturer, Universal Audio, the Soundcraft Realtime Rack brings industry-standard UAD studio plug-ins to the Soundcraft platform. The Realtime Rack hardware and software delivers tight integration of Soundcraft Vi consoles and UAD Powered Plug-Ins, with (48 kHz) sub-2 millisecond latency and full snapshot store and recall with Soundcraft’s CUE/Snapshot system. Realtime Rack’s robust SHARC-based processors run audio over standard Optical MADI connections and dual-redundant internal power supplies ensure that audio signals keep running, even in the event of a power supply failure. Soundcraft Realtime Rack brings the stability of DSP and the sound quality that Soundcraft and Universal Audio are known for in a scalable, low-latency processing environment.
- Durable 1U Rack enclosure
- 4 SHARC DSPs on-board
- Dual-redundant internal power supplies with failover detection
- Each Realtime Rack unit processes up to 16 channels of a MADI stream (add additional units for 32, 48 or 64 channels)
- Runs a huge library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins & UAD Direct Developer Plug-Ins
- Dual-Thunderbolt host connectivity
- One set of MADI optical I/O (64 channels @ 48 kHz)
- Word Clock I/O (BNC) and Input termination
- Sample Rate support from 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- Clock Support for the following formats: Internal, MADI, Word Clock
- Purpose-built Realtime Rack application for inserting UAD plug-Ins
- Networked integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles – allows full remote snapshot triggering and storing
- Create, store and recall channel strip presets
- Create, store and recall snapshots
AD Powered Plug-Ins. What Live Sound has been waiting for
Combining the intuitive Vistonics operator interface with pristine sound quality and powerful mixing features, the Soundcraft Vi Series is already established as the first-choice live sound mixing console for touring and installed applications worldwide.
Now the new Soundcraft Realtime Rack provides access to Universal Audio's acclaimed analogue audio processing emulations and award-winning UAD plug-ins. Realtime Rack software gives Vi console operators all the control they need to insert UAD plug-ins on individual channels, auxiliary channels, and master busses - just as easily as real hardware. A comprehensive snapshot system allows total recall of all plug-ins and their settings, while tight network integration with the Vi Series ensures that all settings of the application are stored inside the console.
Two versions are available: The Realtime Rack Ultimate Live with 74 plug-ins available, and the Realtime Rack Core Live with 14 plug-ins. Additional UAD plug-ins can be purchased any time from UA's Online store. The 8.6.3 software update for Realtime Rack makes available a further 46 plug-ins which can be added to either the Ultimate or Core Live units.
The UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform offers the world's most authentic analogue hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins. Powered by Universal Audio's DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD Powered Plug-Ins deliver rich, analogue sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
From rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines, UAD Powered Plug-Ins inject three-dimensional 'out-of-the-box' analogue sound to your mixes.
Included with Core:
- 1176LN Legacy Limiter
- 1176SE Legacy Limiter
- dbx 160 Compressor
- CS-1 Channel Strip
- Lexicon 224 Reverb
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy Equalizer
- Pultec Pro Legacy Equalizer
- RealVerb Pro Reverb
- Studer A800 Tape Machine
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy Limiter