The CM42-EZs-II is a 4-inch, coaxial, two-way, blind-mount, in-ceiling speaker which delivers true high efficiency and performance across the operating bandwidth. By incorporating a 4-inch treated fiber driver with cloth surround in a sealed drawn steel backcan, this speaker delivers maximum frequency response (125 Hz – 22 kHz, - 10 dB) in a compact design.
- Engineered for applications with limited plenum space incorporating a SoundTube-specific shallow backcan with an installed depth of only 3.5 inches.
- One 4 inch (102 mm) treated fiber woofer with cloth surround and one 0.75 inch (19 mm) silk dome tweeter.
- Easy-access six-position tap switch for 25/70.7/100-volt and 16 ohm transformer bypass position allows for easy ordering, stocking and installation.
- Reduced amplification costs with maximum efficiency including 87.5 dB sensitivity and 16 ohm impedance.
- Superior voice intelligibility with an average coverage angle of 100° (2–10 kHz, independently verified).
- Cost-effective 16 ohm settings allows for the use of multiples of two, four, or six speakers in a system using a standard amplifier without a transformer.
- Incorporates a painted steel grille for lasting durability.
- Ceramic input terminal accepts up to 10 gauge plenum rated signal wire and includes thermal fuse.
- Suitable for use in voice alarm applications subject to EU regulations EN60849 and BS5839-8.
- EN54-24 listed.
- Clamping allowance from 0.00 in. (0.0 mm) to 1.50 in. (38.1 mm).
- UL 1480 (UEAY) and 2043, CE (EMC Directive 89/366/EEC, EN55020, EN55013) approved.
- Included accessories: Tile bridge, UL-listed 0.5-inch flex conduit clamp, paint shield and two wire nuts.
The CM42-EZs-II features a ceramic input terminal that accepts up to 10 gauge plenum rated signal wire and includes a thermal fuse for use in voice alarm applications subject to EU regulations EN60849 and BS5839-8.
Mounting hardware is included and features a constant-tension winged mounting system with a 21-gauge “fullmetal” steel tile bridge ensuring rapid and secure installation in any sheetrock or drop-tile application. For easy ordering, stocking and installation, this series includes a color-coded (orange) tile bridge, optional pre-construction bracket, and a six-position tap switch for 25-, 70.7- and 100-volt applications with transformer bypass position.
Developed specifically for the paging and background music applications where cost, quality and fit are paramount, the CM42-EZs-II is ideal for hotels, retail stores, restaurants, airports, churches (under eave), medical facilities or boardrooms. Indeed, the entire CM-EZ-II series is engineered for installations where high-efficiency and rapid installation are critical attributes. For applications requiring additional bass response, SoundTube’s CM1001dT subwoofer provides true low-end response down to 50 Hz.