The CM62-EZs-II is a 6.5-inch, coaxial, two-way, blind-mount, in-ceiling speaker which delivers true high efficiency and performance across the operating bandwidth. By incorporating a 6.5-inch treatedfiber driver with cloth surround in a sealed drawn-steel backcan, this speaker delivers maximum frequency response (75 Hz – 22 kHz, - 10 dB) in a compact design.
The CM62-EZs-II features a ceramic input terminal that accepts up to 10 gauge plenum rated signal wire and includes a thermal fuse for use in voice alarm applications subject to EU regulations EN60849 and BS5839-8. Mounting hardware is included and features a constant-tension winged mounting system with a 21-gauge “fullmetal” steel tile bridge, ensuring rapid and secure installation in any sheetrock or drop-tile application. For easy ordering, stocking and installation, this series includes a color-coded (green) tile bridge and a six-position tap switch for 25-, 70.7- and 100-volt applications with transformer bypass position.
- Engineered for applications with limited plenum space, incorporating a SoundTube-specific shallow backcan with an installed depth of only 3.5 inches.
- One 6.50 in (165.0 mm) treated fiber woofer with cloth surround and one 1.00 in (25.4 mm) silk dome tweeter.
- Easy-access six-position tap switch for 25/70.7/100-volt and 16 ohm transformer bypass position allows for easy ordering, stocking and installation.
- Reduced amplification costs with maximum efficiency including 90.5 dB sensitivity and 16 ohm impedance.
- Ceramic input terminal accepts up to 10 gauge plenum rated signal wire and includes thermal fuse.
- Suitable for use in voice alarm applications subject to EU regulations EN60849 and BS5839-8.
- Superior voice intelligibility with a 10 kHz coverage angle of 80° (independently verified).
- Cost-effective 16 ohm settings allows for the use of multiples of two, four, or six speakers in a system using a standard amplifier without a transformer.
- Incorporates a painted steel grille for lasting durability.
- Adaptable to material thicknesses ranging from 0.04 inch (0.9 mm) – 1.60 inch (40.6 mm).
- UL 1480 (UEAY) and 2043, cUL, CE (EMC Directive 89/366/EEC, EN55020, EN55013) approved.
- High-quality black or white paint finish. Custom colors available. Grille is paintable (custom colors are not EN54-24 2008 certified).
- Included accessories: Tile bridge, ULlisted 0.5-inch flex conduit clamp, paint shield and two wire nuts.
- Optional accessories: Color-coded (green) pre-construction bracket (AC-CMEZ6/8- PCB) ; junction box (AC-CM-EZ-JBOX).
Developed specifically for the paging and background music applications where cost, quality and fit are paramount, the CM62-EZs-II is ideal for hotels, retail stores, restaurants, airports, churches (under eave) or boardrooms. Indeed, the entire CM-EZ-II series is engineered for installations where high efficiency and rapid installation are critical attributes. For applications requiring additional bass response, SoundTube’s CM1001dT subwoofer provides true low-end response down to 41 Hz.