The CM82-EZs-II is an 8-inch, coaxial, two-way, blind-mount, in-ceiling speaker which delivers true high efficiency and performance across the operating bandwidth. By incorporating an 8-inch polypropylene driver with a butyl rubber surround in a sealed drawn steel backcan, this speaker delivers maximum frequency response (82 Hz – 22 kHz, - 10 dB) in an integrated enclosure design. Mounting hardware is included and features a constant-tension fixed-wing mounting system with a 21-gauge “fullmetal” steel tile bridge ensuring rapid and secure installation in any sheetrock or drop-tile application. For easy ordering, stocking and installation, this series includes a color-coded (green) tile bridge and optional pre-construction bracket, six-position tap switch for 25-, 70.7- and 100-volt applications with transformer bypass position.
- Engineered for applications with limited plenum space incorporating a SoundTubespecific shallow backcan with an installed depth of 3.5 inches.
- One 8 inch (203 mm) polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround and one 1.0 inch (25.4 mm) silk dome tweeter.
- Easy-access six-position tap switch for 25/70.7/100-volt and 16 ohm transformer bypass settings allows for easy ordering, stocking and installation.
- Reduced amplification costs and maximum efficiency of 88.0 dB sensitivity, 16 ohm impedance and a sealed enclosure.
- Superior voice intelligibility with an average coverage angle of 105° (2–10 kHz, independently verified).
- Cost-effective 16 ohm settings allows for the use of multiples of two, four, or six speakers in a system using a standard amplifier without a transformer.
- Incorporates a painted steel grille with rust inhibitor for lasting durability.
- Adaptable to ceiling thicknesses ranging from 0.04 inch (0.9 mm) to 1.60 inch (40.6 mm).
- UL 1480 (UEAY) and 2043, cUL, CE (EMC Directive 89/366/EEC, EN55020, EN55013) approved.
- High-quality black or white painted finish. Custom colors available.
- Included accessories: tile bridge, UL-listed 0.5-inch conduit clamp, paint shield and two wire nuts.
- Optional accessories: color-coded (green) pre-construction bracket (AC-CMEZ6/8- PCB) and junction box (AC-CM-EZ-JBOX).
Developed specifically for paging and background music applications where cost, quality and fit are paramount, the CM82-EZs-II is ideal for hotels, education, hospitals, retail stores, restaurants, airports, churches or boardrooms. Indeed, the entire CM-EZ-II series is engineered for installations where high efficiency and rapid installation are critical attributes. For applications requiring additional bass response, SoundTube’s CM1001d-T and SM1001p subwoofers provide true low-end response down to 41 Hz.