The X-Rack Dynamics Module from Solid State Logic provides a single channel of dynamics for the X-Rack modular system. The unit was designed around the same SuperAnalogue circuitry as SSL's XL 9000 K console, and provides compression, limiting, expansion and gating.The compressor/limiter and a gate/expander both share the same gain element. The compressor normally has an over-easy characteristic, but can be switched to peak sensing, which replaces the over-easy characteristic with a hard knee.
With a number of options for hard or soft knee operation, and peak or RMS sensing, the module is able to deliver fantastic sound quality, with very low noise and distortion.The gate/expander section can act as an infinity:1 gate, or as a 2:1 expander. Variable hysteresis (dependence of the state of a system on the history of its state) is incorporated in the threshold circuitry to prevent spurious triggering of the gate when the signal is close to the threshold level. This means that the signal has to decay roughly 2dB below the threshold level before the gate will start to close.Features:
- Single channel, modular dynamics processor based around SSL's XL 9000 K SuperAnalogue console circuitry
- Comprises a compressor/limiter and a gate/expander, both of which use the same gain element
- Key side chain input on the rear panel of the unit allows for external control of the dynamic process
- The side chain control signals of multiple modules can be linked
- When two (or more) Dynamics sections are linked, whichever section has the most gain reduction will control the other section
- Dual five-LED ladders display gate/expander functioning