This crossgrade is available to customers who hold a license for a single-user academic or educational version of the full Sibelius Ultimate (version 2019.4 or later) or Sibelius (version 2019.1 or earlier) or Finale product (not one of the cut-down versions such as Sibelius First, Sibelius Student or Finale PrintMusic). Proof of ownership of competing product must be provided upon purchase.
Dorico is the scoring software that helps you write, print and play back music notation to the highest professional standards. It is easy enough for anyone to learn, yet has hundreds of advanced notations, features, options and sounds to satisfy the most demanding professionals. Fast, streamlined and effortless – Dorico feels so natural, you’ll soon forget you’re using software at all. Its built-in intelligence produces beautiful results automatically, so you can focus on expressing your creativity and getting back to doing what you really love: making music.
Composers and Arrangers:
- Dorico has the most flexible note input and editing of any scoring application. Seamlessly insert music, change rhythms and durations, and Dorico will ensure the music is always notated clearly and correctly.
- However small your project starts and however large it ends up — from a simple song to a whole symphony, opera or show — Dorico’s high performance will never slow you down.
- Superior support for modern techniques of composition — including open meter, complex tuplets, microtonality and more besides — allow you to directly communicate your musical ideas, and reduce the number of workarounds necessary in other scoring software.
- Direct manipulation of MIDI data, including continuous controllers, keyswitches, and VST Expression, allows you to produce natural-sounding playback with ease, using either the provided HALion Symphonic Orchestra library, or any VST 3-compatible virtual instrument.
- Simple, streamlined user interface that fits comfortably on a single display, with fast keyboard access to every feature.
Engravers and Publishers:
- Dorico is designed to emulate the finest traditions of music engraved bymaster craftsmen, producing beautifully balanced and proportioned output by default.
- Superior horizontal music and vertical stave/system spacing, including comprehensive collision avoidance and unique kerning capabilities, make it faster to get to a great result.
- Behind Dorico’s automatic behavior is a powerful engine that provides multiple levels of control, from global project notation and engraving settings down to local, situational rules, right down to purely graphical tweaks in its dedicated Engrave mode.
- Unique and powerful DTP-style page layout features, including resizable and chainable frames for music, text and graphics.
- Create multiple output formats with different combinations of instruments, page and stave sizes etc. within a single project file, then export press-ready true monochrome PDFs with a single click.
Students and Teachers:
- Simple, streamlined user interface that fits comfortably on a single display, with fast keyboard access to every feature, and no need for external keypads,
MIDI devices etc. — ideal for student laptops.
- Dorico’s rich understanding of music theory ensures that the music is always rendered clearly and unambiguously, no matter how complex the rhythmic or harmonic situation.
- Create assignments and learning materials quickly and easily with powerful and flexible page layout features.
- Superior support for modern techniques of composition — including open meter, complex tuplets, microtonality, and more besides — allow you to directly communicate your musical ideas, and reduce the number of workarounds necessary in other scoring software.
- High-performance audio engine and world-class virtual instruments help you to refine your musical ideas before the music hits the stand.
- When a new edit comes down with cuts or insertions, you won’t break a sweat. Insert individual beats or bars, change bar number sequences, delete or insert barlines, rebar music into new meters, and more besides. Dorico performs edits big and small in an instant — making all necessary adjustments itself to give you clear, correct notation.
- Dorico imports and exports MusicXML and MIDI files with excellent results, so whether the job starts in a sequencer and ends in scoring software or vice versa, you can move back and forth between programs with ease.
- Producing parts that session players will play perfectly on the first take requires years of experience. Dorico does virtually all the work for you in an instant, producing crystal-clear notation and engraving, with powerful layout features and extensive options and rules to cover every case.
- When you need a mock-up or temp track, Dorico’s playback will take the strain. Handle complex playing technique using VST Expression Maps, and manipulate MIDI events directly in Dorico’s built-in piano roll editor. With a full set of effects and flexible audio routing, you can even mix directly in Dorico.
- When the time comes to take your project to the next stage, export MIDI to Cubase or other DAWs — every playing technique goes on its own track for easier mapping onto your existing template.