Capabilities identical to the iPort PLUS, but adds hardware and exclusive software to enable delayed playout of selected received audio channels. Associated GPO and ancillary data is likewise delayed and synchronized with audio. Allows scheduled delay of content from any, or all, of Zephyr iPort Plus' coded audio channels for up to six hours; each channel's delay time is independently configurable.
Zephyr iPort PLUS PLUS is a Livewire-to-MPEG gateway that enables transport of multiple channels of stereo audio across any QoS-enabled IP network, including T1 and T3 connections and private WANs with MPLS - perfect for large-scale distribution of audio to single or multiple locations.
Zephyr iPort PLUS is the workhorse of codecs, configurable as eight stereo bi-directional MPEG codecs, or for encode / decode of up to 16 uni-directional stereo streams. Zephyr iPort PLUS connects to Axia IP-Audio networks using a single CAT-6 cable for all I/O. Don't have a Livewire network yet? Pair Zephyr iPort PLUS with Axia xNode audio interfaces for use as a standalone multiple-stream codec.
Coding algorithms include AAC, AAC-LD, HE-AAC (plus v2), MP2, MP3, linear, and optional aptX Enhanced*. Bit rates range from 24 to 320 kbps for MPEG codecs, plus standard fixed rates for aptX and linear to over 2 Mbps. In addition, iPort offers dual, parallel-path end-to-end streaming for ultra-reliability and redundancy. For network operators, a unique Content Delay feature allows independent delay of any or all coded audio channels for up to six hours.
- Connects two or more Livewire-equipped facilities over a wide-area network with QoS.
- Transmits/receives as many as 8 bi-directional channels, each with GPIO and PAD.
- Encodes up to 16 streaming audio channels for Internet transmission to the public, or for internal distribution, via SHOUTcast, Steamcast or compatible stream replication server.
- Wide choice of genuine Fraunhofer codecs, including Standard AAC, high-efficiency AAC-HE (aacPlus), AAC-HEv2, low-delay AAC-LD, and MP3, with a choice of bit rates from 24 kbps to 320 kbps, definable per stream.
- Optional aptX Enhanced audio coding may be ordered at time of purchase or added later, as required.
- When used as part of a Livewire network, allows audio from remote facilities to be used as if it were a local source.
- Two 5-input Virtual Mixer (VMIX) channels each allow combining up to 5 networked Livewire audio streams on a single channel.
- Eight Virtual Mode (VMODE) channels allow audio to be split into left/right channels, summed L+R, and more, prior to encoding and transmission.
- Content Delay option enables delayed playout of any or all selected receive audio channels, along with their ancillary data, for up to six hours. Each playback delay time is independently configurable on a per-channel basis, making Zephyr iPort PLUS ideal for network operators, program distribution networks, or delayed playout of received audio at network-affiliated stations.
- Remote control/configuration via any computer with a standard Web browser
- Separate LAN and WAN jacks help ensure network security.
- Fanless, convection-cooled DSP-powered platform with dual-redundant, auto-switching power supplies for maximum uptime. Power supply modules are field-replaceable in minutes.
Powerful, advanced program distribution and facility connection
If your facility is like most, rack space is a precious commodity. That's why Telos engineers invented Zephyr iPort PLUS, a sophisticated multiple-CODEC device that saves you money and rack space by housing eight broadcast-quality stereo codecs in one 2RU device.
A pair of Zephyr iPort PLUS on each end of a QoS-controlled IP link can send and receive 8 channels of bi-directional stereo MPEG audio. Or, use iPort as a one-way €œpush€ link to encode and deliver 16 channels of broadcast-quality one-way audio to a remote destination. With its ability to send multiple MPEG channels over IP connections, Zephyr iPort PLUS is perfect for audio transmission over VPNs, satellite links, Ethernet radio systems, and Telco or ISP-provided QoS-controlled IP services such as T1, T3 or OC-3 links.
You can use iPort for studio-to-transmitter links, network distribution systems, multi-channel links to remote studios. Install a QoS-enabled IP link between two studios with Axia Livewire networks, put an iPort at each end, and you can pass audio and GPIO between locations as if they were just next door. Paired with an appropriate server, you can even use Zephyr iPort PLUS to generate multiple channels of MP3 or AAC coded audio for Internet streaming, broadcasting to mobile phones, and audio distribution systems.
Finally, Zephyr iPort PLUS exclusive Content Delay option (available at extra cost) adds hardware and software that enables delayed playout of select received audio channels. Associated GPO, and ancillary data, is likewise delayed and synchronized with audio. Delay any or all coded audio channels up to six hours; each channel's delay time is independently configurable.
The Zephyr iPort PLUS rear panel is remarkably simple, thanks to the use of Livewire AoIP I/O. A single Ethernet cable is all that's needed for all inputs, outputs, GPIO and remote control. Uncompressed 24-bit/48kHz audio goes in from your network via Ethernet; compressed MPEG streams go out on the same cable eliminating expensive, space-consuming converters and connectors. Or, use the separate WAN connection to send your audio over an outside network.
If you don't have an Axia network yet, that's no problem just pair Zephyr iPort PLUS with Telos VX analog or digital audio interfaces to make a standalone high-density audio codec package.
Zephyr iPort PLUS streams sound fantastic, thanks to our long-standing relationship with Fraunhofer IIS, the inventor of MP3 and co-inventor of AAC. The encoding algorithms inside iPort are genuine FhG, not no-name knockoffs. A full range of state-of-the-art codec types and bitrates are supported; the highest- quality implementations possible, run by a powerful Intel floating-point processor. Choose AAC-LD for delay-sensitive applications, AAC-HE and AAC-HEv2 for low bitrate requirements, standard MPEG AAC
for best quality and resilience to packet loss at higher bitrates, MP3 and MP2 for legacy applications.
You'd expect all this to cost a lot, but it doesn't: we built Zephyr iPort PLUS on a single industrial motherboard, rather than the usual €œmultiple DSP cards in a frame€ approach. Together with the Livewire-only audio interface, Zephyr iPort PLUS delivers more power than a legacy cardframe design, at only a fraction of the cost.