WiFi and Internet connections are available everywhere these days and so is streaming audio. Already, many are using their smartphone as a 21st century transistor radio. Soon, the connected car will make it easier than ever to listen to high-quality streamed audio on the move. These are big changes in listening habits, but don't worry: Z/IPStream 9X/2 is here to help.
Z/IPStream 9X/2 is the new third-generation streaming software from The Telos Alliance; a new combined audio processing/streaming platform designed for broadcasters who understand that streaming audio quality and reliability are just as important as terrestrial transmission. Z/IPStream 9X/2 gives you the power to fine-tune your streams for clear, clean, audio output no matter the bit rate, codec or delivery platform.
Z/IPStream 9X/2 will add all of the clarity and impact of the acclaimed Omnia.9 directly to your stream, complete with exclusive undo technology, Solar Plexus for deep, rich bass, and the full Omnia Audio Tool Box for precise, sonic management.
Z/IPStream 9X/2 also stands above the rest with the new Adaptive Streaming technology. With Adaptive Streaming, the connection between streaming server and listener is automatically managed, dynamically adjusting bit-rate and audio quality to maintain a solid connection with the best possible audio regardless of Wi-Fi limitations or Internet behavior.
- Genuine, high-quality audio codecs from Fraunhofer IIS (the inventors of MP3), including MP3, AAC-LC, HE-AAC v1, and HE-AAC v2.
- Adaptive Streaming technology automatically compensates for variations in listeners' connection strength and bandwidth.
- Processes and encodes streaming audio for multiple platforms and bit-rates simultaneously.
- Up to seven bands of multiband AGC and limiting.
- 'Undo' Our revolutionary, exclusive technology that can restore poorly-mastered audio to clarity and brilliance.
- 'Solar Plexus' bass enhancement algorithm for rich, impactful and natural sounding low end.
- Full Omnia toolbox, complete with a variety of sonic tools including Oscilloscopes, RTA's, Full Spectrum Analyzers and more, providing you with information needed to perfect your streams signature sound.
- Sophisticated software routines enable you to prepare and correct for streaming complications such as programming blackouts, Metadata insertion, variable listener environments, and more.
- Flexible audio sourcing accepts input from sound cards, RTP and Livewire AoIP connection.
- Unprecedented level of control: use the built-in HTML5 web interface, or fine-tune even further using the REST API.
- Cloud-Ready: Z/IPStream 9X/2 may be hosted and run using your cloud-based server.
- Built-in SNMP and email notification of system events.
Adaptive Streaming is a stream delivery method that allows media players to switch bitrates when network conditions change. Z/IPStream 9X/2 supports Microsoft's Smooth Streaming technology, encoding the same stream at multiple bitrates and keeping audio packets sample-aligned. Adaptive Streaming ensures that your listeners are automatically receiving optimal quality and consistency based on the strength of their connection.
Full Omnia.9 Audio Processing
Z/IPStream 9X/2 brings processing from our premium Omnia.9 processor and delivers it to your stream. Features include our exclusive 'Undo' Technology, which removes distortion while simultaneously re-creating audio peaks lost to the poor mastering techniques common in today's contemporary music. The impact of 'Undo' is stunning, and not only can it be heard, but it can also be seen on the variety of audio tools that are included in the full Omnia toolbox. Oscilloscopes, RTA's, FFT's, Full Spectrum Analyzers and all of the additional sonic instrumentation help to remove the guess work from audio processing. Now you can back your intuition with the facts. 'Solar Plexus' is included, the Omnia bass enhancement algorithm that delivers incredibly full, impactful and natural sounding low-end. You can use the 6-band parametric EQ or, for CPU-constrained environments, switch to the 3-band audio processor. With Z/IPStream 9X/2, you have absolutely everything you need to find, perfect and establish your stream's signature sound.
It is not uncommon for certain programming to be blacked out or contractually restricted from streaming online. Z/IPStream 9X/2 makes quick work of programming blackouts by enabling you to replace restricted material with content from a separate audio source, or audio from files. You have full control over the switch ports and the duration, and the switch points are sample-accurate when using AES67 for input.
Stream synchronization is essential when implementing resilient streaming. Using Stream Synchronization, separate encoder instances (running on different PCs and even at different locations) are able to synchronize so that bitstreams generated by all instances are identical. This enables resilient streaming deployment through redundancy. If one encoder goes down (or is taken down for maintenance), the other encoder(s) continue to generate the appropriate stream, with no interruptions to service. AES67 input and Smooth Streaming for output are required to use Stream Synchronization.
Direct Livewire, AES67, and RTP Audio Input
Z/IPStream 9X/2 works seamlessly with native Livewire audio sources, and can also accept AES67 input and RTP unicast sources.
Z/IPStream 9X/2 can be monitored via SNMP, a feature particularly important for large-scale deployments. SNMP monitoring gives you peace of mind that your stream is fully functional, and if anything does go wrong, SNMP alarms will detect and immediately inform you of any problems.
Z/IPStream 9X/2 is a software-only application that's cloud ready. It is designed to run in the background as a Windows service, and its HTML5 web interface makes remote configuration a breeze from PCs, tablets or even smart phones. The REST API is ready to handle any additional custom control or monitoring requirements. Whether off-site or on, Z/IPStream 9X/2 gives you the flexibility to set up, monitor and control your stream in whichever way is best suited for your needs.