Brand new from TSL, the PAM2 MK2 represents the latest stage in the evolution of the awardwinning PAM product family. Uniquely, PAM2 MK2 is equipped with an SDI output which exports the bargraph, data and Loudness Histogram displays to an external monitor (such as a multiviewer or video display) for ‘at a glance’ review of mission critical audio information.
Dolby decoding and monitoring – introducing CAT1100
As a member of the Dolby OEM Partner Program, TSL is proud to announce that the PAM2 MK2 is one of the fi rst audio monitoring solutions to feature Dolby’s CAT1100 module (as an option), a new platform for comprehensive decoding and monitoring of Dolby audio formats that are used throughout the HD broadcast chain (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital and Dolby E). The new module will enable the PAM2 MK2 to perform Dolby E decoding and external speaker monitoring, as well as Dolby Digital Plus with surround descriptive audio and stream mixing, which will evolve to 7.1 as broadcasters adopt the full cinematic experience.
Additional features which the CAT1100 card brings to the PAM2 MK2 include Dialogue Intelligence Loudness Measurement, simultaneous Multichannel and Stereo outputs and selectable error concealment ensuring that PAM2 MK2 maintains its reputation as the worlds leading Dolby ‘loaded’ audio monitoring unit.
Compliance loudness measurement for international standards
Loudness measurement has become a major issue for broadcasters, especially as the world embraces regional, national and local recommendations and legislation such as the CALM Act in the U.S.
Configurable loudness information in full compliance with EBU R128 and ATSC A85 is one of the resident metering sets available both on-board the PAM2 MK2 and exportable to an external display from the SDI port. The established PAM Loudness Histogram provides a visual display of Loudness against time and with the addition of real-time logging over Ethernet, PAM2 MK2 gives you the confi dence that the audio leaving you is compliant.
As a practical benefi t for fi eld operations, the SDI bar graph feed from a truck, for example, can be sent over a reserve circuit back to master control for accurate compliance and confidence monitoring of remote broadcast sources, thereby verifying the integrity of the signal chain between outside broadcast and the host.
- SDI Connection for attaching external screen
- De-embedded audio monitoring from video (HD/SDI) with simultaneous display of up to sixteen channels (four groups)
- Dual auto-sensing,1080p (60, 59.94 and 50Hz), HD/SDI video inputs with reclocked and downconverted outputs
- BS 1770/71 & R128 Loudness indication with histogram
- Optional Dolby E/AC-3/DD+ decoding from HD/SDI or AES
- Unique "Scroll to hear" function
- Dual high resolution OLED screens for bargraphs, video, setup, and metadata displays
- Choice of user selectable bargraph scales (VU, Extended VU, BBC PPM, EBU PPM, EBU Digital, Nordic, DIN)
- Auto switch mode (Preset Standard) for SD/HD configurations
- Assign matrix for non-standard order multichannel audio routing
- Audio delay for video monitoring synchronisation.
- Control of external stereo or surround sound loudspeaker systems
- Ethernet for networking & software upgrades.
- Dual 12V DC inputs
- 8 x pairs of AES/EBU inputs – Balanced or Unbalanced
- 6 x balanced stereo analogue inputs
- 8 x balanced fixed or variable analogue outputs
- Stereo variable analogue outputs