The TUBE-TECH SMC 2BM Stereo Multiband Compressor features three independent optical stereo compressors. The signal is divided into three bands (Low, Mid & High) by 6 dB/octave x-over networks with 12 selectable frequencies: 60 – 1200 Hz for Low/Mid band and 6 selectable frequencies: 1,2 – 6,0 kHz for the Mid/High band. Switchable crossover points ensure precise control of all three bands of opto-compression. Independent band specific Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release & Gain parameters make the SMC 2BM as flexible as it is accurate. Gain controls are fitted with 12 position gold plated switches with 1dB/step. Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Balance controls are fitted with potentiometers with 31 detents.
The design of the x-over networks optimizes the summing of all three bands, resulting in a flat frequency response (within +/-0,25 dB), when the gain controls for each band are set at the same level. The three compressors feature Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain and a display showing gain reduction. Master levels are set with Output Gain and Balance controls. Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilised.
- The world's only all tube based multiband compressor design
- Three bands per channel with variable crossover frequencies between bands
- Stereo sidechain with variable Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain controls
- for all three bands
- Master Output Gain (-1 to +10 dB)
- Balance Control (+/-1,5 dB)
- LED display showing compression
- Freq. response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -60 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Clickless bypass relay