Apollo FireWire is one of the world's most popular professional audio interfaces delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording to music creators everywhere. A perfect centerpiece for studios running original Mac Pro towers and Windows 7 machines, this 18 x 24 FireWire 800-equipped interface features analog design based on UA's 50-year heritage, along with gold-standard Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for impeccable audio resolution.
Apollo FireWire further distinguishes itself with Realtime UAD-2 Processing and Unison technology, letting you record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, and more including new mic preamp emulations from Neve, API and Universal Audio. With its elegant workflow and world-class audio quality, Apollo FireWire is the perfect interface for music producers seeking classic analog sound.
Features: Audio Interface
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- 18 x 24 simultaneous input/output channels:
- Eight channels of analog-to-digital conversion via mic, line, or high-impedance inputs
- 14 channels of digital-to-analog conversion via:
- Eight mono line outputs
- Stereo monitor outputs
- Two stereo headphone outputs
- 10 channels of digital I/O via:
- Eight channels ADAT Optical I/O with S/MUX for high sample rates
- Two channels coaxial S/PDIF I/O with sample rate conversion
- Two FireWire 800 ports for daisy-chaining other FireWire devices
- Four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Front panel and software control of all preamp parameters
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
Onboard UAD-2 Processing
- Stereo monitor outputs (independent of eight line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
- Two stereo headphone outputs with independent mix buses
- Independent front panel analog volume controls for headphone outputs
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF outputs can be set to mirror the monitor outputs
- QUAD model featuring four SHARC processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all of Apollo's analog and digital inputs
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 products when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library is available online
- Console application:
- Enables Realtime UAD Powered Plug-Ins processing
- DSP mixer for realtime monitoring and tracking
- Remote control of all Apollo features and functionality
- Console Recall plug-in:
- Saves Apollo configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recal
- Enables control of all front panel parameters from within the DAW
- VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- UAD Meter & Control Panel application:
- Configures global UAD-2 and Powered Plug-Ins settings and monitors system usage
The Gold Standard in 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
Designed to play a central role in studios running original Mac Pro towers or Windows 7 machines, Apollo FireWire delivers an uncompromising approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sound, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo FireWire's four premium mic preamps and converters translates into recordings with astounding accuracy and depth whether you're tracking and overdubbing, or mixing and mastering.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
While Apollo FireWire's “natural" sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Featuring powerful onboard QUAD processing, Apollo FireWire's DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins with as low as sub-2ms latency, regardless of buffer settings letting you monitor and “print" audio with classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.*
The Apollo FireWire's bundled “Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.
Better still, Apollo FireWire's UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, so you can use UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) throughout the creative process.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo FireWire's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or exclusive preamp emulations from API and Neve.
Elegant Hardware Design and Workflow
One key feature of Apollo FireWire isn't really a “feature" at all. It's the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass. Sonically, Apollo's Monitor outputs are digitally controlled analog, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain.
* All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.