The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core is Universal Audio’s most powerful FireWire DSP accelerator, giving producers and engineers full access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on select Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis. In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core easily connects to Intel-based Macs via FireWire 800 or 400, letting you run large, complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
- Powerful four-processor external FireWire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interface
- Also available as UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom and UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate packages
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, MXR, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more (sold separately).
With support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.