A faithful recreation of one of the most natural and balanced tube condenser microphones of all time, the WA-CX12 captures the true sound of sources and rooms with extreme accuracy. Used over and over again by some of the world's most recognized engineers and artists, the original microphone stands out as open, airy, and natural. Pairing the CK12-style capsule with the large-core TAB-Funkenwerk USA output transformer helps the CX12 capture musical bass, organic mids, and polished high end. With no-compromise components and elite build quality, the WA-CX12 delivers that iconic sound that no personal or professional mic locker is complete without.
- Custom edge terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer
- Premium 12AY7 vacuum tube
- Premium Capacitors
Faithful Recreation of the Most Natural and Balanced Tube Microphone of All Time:
- The WA-CX12 cuts no corners in achieving a highly accurate sound profile compared to the original, known for its organic tones and elevated room sounds.
Smooth Highs and Vibrant Midrange:
- The WA-CX12 captures organic and natural sounding tone with pleasing high end and colorful midrange so you feel the performance come through.
Custom, Solid Brass CK12-Style Capsule:
- Dual capsule, edge terminated, and custom machined out of solid brass. Meticulously spec'd to match the detail and warmth of the original
Custom TAB-Funkenwerk USA Output Transformer:
- Large-core imported German laminations drive all of the full natural sound captured by the capsule.
- Rigorously tested, hand-selected 12AY7 Vacuum Tube.
9 Polar Patterns:
- Including cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns plus 6 intermediate stages for ultimate versatility, especially in stereo-pairs
Boutique 7-pin GAC-7 tube cable from Gotham Switzerland:
- Using vintage-correct construction methods and highly-upgraded components, our 7 pin cable achieves near-perfect signal transfer.
Includes vintage hard carrying case for all components:
- Safely transport your mic anywhere with the custom, ultra-durable, vintage-vibe tweed carrying case.
Known for their ability to emphasize 'musical' midrange and smooth out any high end harshness, original C12's are go-to's for capturing professional solo vocalists, piano performances, and epic, natural room sounds. A popular choice from rock, pop, jazz, and RnB, you could say that the original C12 sound is "Peppered" on countless hit records. The WA-CX 12 is a faithful recreation of a studio icon offered at a fraction of the original price - made possible by using premium components and Warm Audio's elite build quality.
The original AKG C12 has a complex history. Desperate to compete with Neumann who had a 19 year head start, AKG was created for Austria to try its hand in dominating the professional microphone game. Their first mic? The C12.
There are many versions of the C12, including many revisions by AKG over the years and the rarely found "Siemens" SM204 mies. It's important to know that the original AKG C12 built from '53 - '63 is our inspiration for the WACX12.
The original 251's, a cousin of the C12, have continued on and are deceptively close to C12s with differences in the circuit. Many describe the C12 as "less dark" in the mids. Original C12's are cited as being excellent at controlling harsh high end as well.
- Solo vocalists Piano
- Room mic
- Guitar and Bass amp mic (close and distant)
- Choral/ group vocals
- String sections
Notable C12 Artists:
- The Beatles
- Quincy Jones
- Michael Jackson
- Taylor Swift
- Alanis Morrisette
- Celine Dion