Capable of 24 channels of I/O 48kHz/16 channels 96kHz, 8 Analog Mic/Line I/O built-in 1 MY-card slot. Cascade to PM5D using MY16-CII. With unparalleled DSP power the Yamaha DME24N Digital Mixing Engines offer customizable audio system solutions for a wide range of applications. The DME Processor series provides an impressive array of DSP components that can be combined and programmed to precisely accommodate just about any audio requirement. Superior sound quality, generous DSP power, extensive scalability, and network capability supported by an intuitive interface offer unprecedented freedom and efficiency for designing audio systems for installations and live sound.
- Configurable as multiple audio processors for a wide range of applications – mixers, equalizers, compressors, crossovers, speaker processors, effects, feedback suppressors, wav file players, and much more.
- Easily configured and controlled via the DME Designer software application.
- 8 channels of built-in analog I/O with precision 24-bit 96-kHz A/D and D/A converters.
- High-performance analog preamplifiers that equal the sound and quality of those found in top-line Yamaha mixing consoles.
- Optimally-tuned 24-bit, 96-kHz digital processing.
- In addition to the eight built-in I/O channels, a rear-panel slot accommodates an optional MY card for an extra 16 I/O channels in a variety of analog and digital formats - for a total of 24 I/O channels.
- Network connectivity with optional MY16CII CobraNet™ card or MY16-ES64 EtherSound Card.
- Seamless control Integration with compatible Yamaha digital mixing consoles.
- Up to 16 DME24N, DME64N and ICP1 Intelligent Control Panel units can be networked via their RJ45 connectors using CAT5 Ethernet cables.
- GPI, RS232C/RS422, USB, and MIDI Interfaces
- Large LCD Display with Comprehensive Panel Controls
- The DME24N and ICP1 Intelligent Control Panel, can display scene and function names in 5 languages: English, Japanese, French, German, and Spanish.
DSP POWER THAT RIVALS ADVANCED DIGITAL MIXERS
The DME64N and DME24N employ Yamaha's original DSP6 and DSP7 signal-processing LSIs for extraordinary audio processing power and quality. The DME64N offers processing power that is on par with Yamaha's DM1000 Digital Mixing Console, and the smaller DME24N has about half that processing capability while offering built-in analog I/O for simple, more compact systems. In either case you get a remarkable amount of processing capability that allows complex systems to be built around a single DME unit and fine tuned for optimum performance in concert halls, multi-purpose halls, event spaces, institutions, and a wide range of other applications. Plenty of DSP power also means that advanced configurations that previously required multiple hardware units can now run comfortably on just one DME64N or DME24N. All of this translates into significant time, energy, and cost savings for the design, installation, and operation of DME-based systems.
24-BIT 96-KHZ PROCESSING AND CIRCUITRY DESIGNED FOR SUPERIOR SOUND
It's no secret that Yamaha digital mixing consoles are favored by leading professionals for live sound and studio recording applications. Yamaha DME mixing engines benefit from the same cutting-edge audio technology and attention to details that make a real difference in sound and performance. Both the DME64N and DME24N deliver faultless precision and reproduction fidelity with optimally-tuned 24-bit, 96-kHz digital processing, and the DME24N also features high-performance analog head amplifiers that equal the sound and quality of those found in top-line mixing consoles.
Note: Configurations created for 48-kHz operation will require half the processing power of configurations created for 96-kHz operation.
CONTROL INTEGRATION WITH THE PM5D DIGITAL MIXING CONSOLE
Selected DME64N and DME24N parameters can be directly controlled from the PM5D Digital Mixing Console for seamless, efficient operation. This capability is particularly useful in situations where the DME unit is located away from the optimum listening position, allowing parameters to be adjusted without having to leave the main console position.
EIGHT ANALOG INPUTS AND OUTPUTS ON THE DME24N
The DME24N provides eight built-in analog inputs and outputs via Euroblock terminals on the rear panel. The analog inputs and outputs feature precision 24-bit, 96-kHz A/D and D/A converters that deliver top class audio performance.
COBRANET™ CONNECTIVITY WITH OPTIONAL MY16-CII CARD
Use the DME64N or DME24N in an advanced CobraNet" digital audio network by simply plugging an MY16-CII CobraNet™ card into an expansion slot. This makes the DME unit compatible with other CobraNet™ compliant products such as the NHB32-C network hub and bridge, and the ACU16-C amplifier control unit. The DME64N can supports up to two MY16-CII cards. The DME24N can accommodate a single MY16-CII card.
A network of up to 16 DME64N, DME24N and ICP1 Intelligent Control Panel units can be interconnected via their RJ45 connectors and 100Base-T CAT5 type Ethernet cables. Ethernet connection makes it possible to set up a control network quickly and easily, and with minimum cost.
GPI, RS232C/RS422, USB, AND MIDI INTERFACES
Both the DME64N and DME24N offer a comprehensive selection of control interfaces for use with a wide variety of equipment. The DME64N has 16 GPI input and output terminals while the DME24N has eight to facilitate interfacing with other GPI-equipped devices. RS232C/RS422 ports allow direct connection to remote control units and computers, USB ports allow direct hookup with most modern computers, and MIDI terminals can be used for synchronization and control with musical instruments, sequencers, and lighting controllers.
LARGE LCD DISPLAY WITH COMPREHENSIVE PANEL CONTROLS
Large, easy-to-read LCD display panels and a comprehensive selection of panel controls make the DME64N and DME24N easy to operate. The front panel even includes a headphone jack and level control for convenient monitoring. The DME24N additionally provides signal and peak LEDs for its eight analog inputs and outputs.
SCENE AND FUNCTION NAMES IN 5 LANGUAGES
The DME64N and DME24N, as well as the ICP1 Intelligent Control Panel, can display scene and function names in 5 languages: English, Japanese, French, German, and Spanish. All three models offer a user-friendly interface for smooth operation regardless of the user's level of skill or experience.